1995 Lincoln Town Car fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Lincoln Town Car:

1995 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Sep 022013

Town Car Cartier 4.6L

click to see larger images

fuel tank vent valve malfunction fuel tank vent valve malfunction

This Fuel Tank Vent Valve, vents air from the fuel tank when filling. Since it is broken, I can no longer put fuel into the tank. This malfunctioning vent valve causes back pressure at the filling nozzle and shuts the gas station pump down.

FMC & the aftermarket,do not make a replacement part.

FMC was unable to supply me with an arrangement to replace this item. I am left to find a solution on my own . I have been trying Auto Salvage, but they would not guarantee the item. They also say that I have to go to them to get the part. Meaning, I must drive long distances to yard out of my area,( I have tried ones in my area), to get a part which may or may not work.

So unless I find a good used item, I have a car that I cannot put gas into, I cannot use / drive it once the gas runs out.

Need help to resolve.