8.0

1996 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Lincoln Town Car:

1996 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Aug 092014

Town Car 4.2L V8

My wife & I are both disabled & barley get by day to day. This car was a "GIFT FROM GOD", & WE SPENT EVERY PENNY WE HAD TO BUY THIS CAR. WE HAD IT LESS THAN A MONTH & THE CAR RUNS FINE BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON THIS CAR, ACCORDING TO THE MANUFACTURER BOOKLET, IS " EMISSIONS " RELATED. NOW WE ARE STUCK & AFRAID TO DRIVE IT DUE TO DISABILITY. I'M SURE IT IS GOING TO BE VERY COSTLY TO FIX, & EVEN COSTLIER THE MORE I DRIVE IT IN THIS CONDITION. I KNOW THESE ARE PARTS THAT REQUIRE REPLACEMENT @ A CERTAIN MILEAGE, BUT W/NO MONEY, WHAT TO DO??

- , Saint Charles, MO, USA