1. replace at body shop (1 reports)
  2. replaced hinge (1 reports)
1997 Lincoln Town Car body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Lincoln Town Car:

1997 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Apr 012012

Town Car Cartier 4.6L

As heavy as these doors are and it's a common problem you would think Lincoln, of all people, would spend an extra buck to put in some beefier hinges. IT'S MUST TO LUBRICATE!!

- , Oswego, IL, USA

May 012009

Town Car

I had the driver's door fixed for this problem two years ago. Now, the passenger door has increasingly sagged to the point I can no longer close the door by merely slamming or lifting. In fact, trying to lift it to close, has resulted in the handle connection breaking (or coming apart) inside the door. So, now I must get the handle repaired in addition to the hinge. I feel there was a design flaw in the hinges. I love my car and have had only a few significant repairs, but this one really bugs me. A major Ford dealer says they don't fix this problem; that I must go to a body shop.

- , Vienna, VA, USA