4.0

1998 Lincoln Town Car brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Lincoln Town Car:

1998 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Sep 282005

Town Car

When I hit a bump I hear a clacking noise and when I hit a bump and apply the brake the sound doesn't do it. I have 2000 brakes on my 98 town car because the 98 brakes wouldn't fit for whatever reason. It started when I had a driver side caliper put on, I don't know if that's it or not. Do I also need 2000 calipers. Like I said it doesn't make the clacking sound when I go over a bump with my foot on the brake. I know that it's coming from the brake area, it's nothing else, I had my front end checked three times. It's really annoying.

- , Louisville, KY, USA