2001 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jan 182015

Town Car

Engine started to make a loud clicking noise while driving 45mph down the block. Managed to pull into the driveway and when a opened the hood the coil pack had blown apart and the spark plug was sitting on top of the engine.

- East Patchogue, NY, USA

Mar 282014

Town Car 8-cyl

I was driving the Lincoln Town car when I began to smell what appeared to be gas or some fluid coming into the vehicle. I stopped the car and parked in a driveway and inspected the bottom of the car where there was no leak but a strong odor of gas or some fluid. I then started the car and put into reverse and with my foot applied to the brake backing up in reverse there was a loud pop in the engine and the car shut off followed by smoke and then fire. The car then set on fire and burned for about 20 minutes before the fire fighters arrived to put the car out. It was totaled.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 252013

Town Car 8-cyl

I lost control of the car when it hit ice at 9:20A- 1/25/2013 on I-94 near chesterton, in, spun around and crashed twice (front/rear) into the left concrete barrier parallel to the roadway. None of the 4 air bags deployed. I (age 77) and my passenger (age 83) wore seat belts that saved us. Car front smashed; car rear less damaged. Sides are O.K.. isp report id:201300021141. Neither of us sought medical treatment. My chest still hurts! air bags would have helped had they deployed. Lake shore Ford, chesterton, in (219)787-8600 said car was "totaled." Isp officer weems reported that I may receive a ticket for "too fast for conditions." Tc failed the only air bag test it ever had. Seat belts did not. No other cars were involved on busy I-94. We were lucky!

- Harbert, MI, USA