2001 Lincoln Town Car steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Town Car:

2001 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jun 052005

Town Car 8-cyl

I was proceeding South on interstate 71 halfway between cleveland and columbus, at 55 mph. The road was dry. All of a sudden, the car started drifting towards the right. When I turned the wheel towards the left, there was no immediate response. When the car responded, it started drifting towards the left. I had no steering control of my car for about 10 seconds. Fortunately, I was able to straighten the wheels, and regain control. I had my mechanic inspect my car, and he determined that the power steering pump and its associated electronic control switch had to be replaced, as their malfunction caused my loss of steering control. I've since had those parts replaced. I no longer have the old parts.

- Columbus, OH, USA