2.9

2002 Lincoln Town Car seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lincoln Town Car:

2002 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jul 202009

Town Car

The driver side safety belt on my 2002 Lincoln Town car no longer latches and appears to be locked preventing the seat belt from being connected/latched. The dash board seat belt indicator (normally lit up when a seat belt is not attached) does not light up. This problem started only a couple weeks ago and continues. This car have less than 48,000 miles and is used to drive to work and back. Because I am unable to latch my driver seat belt this is a major safety concern and I wanted to report it to your Agency. As of this writing I have not had a Ford service rep look at this, but intend to shortly. Because I have not yet taken my car into a Ford service center for examination I am unable to report what was done to correct this failure or parts needed/replaced.

- Corinth, TX, USA