2006 Lincoln Town Car engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Town Car:

2006 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Jun 032014

Town Car

On the 2006 Lincoln Town car signature limited, the accelerator and brake pedals are adjustable. The pedals are close together, therefore, leaving little space between the brake and accelerator. When trying to stop, the brake and, unfortunately, accelerator pedals were both being pressed at the same time. This has almost caused accidents when trying to stop for my spouse and me. This has been a problem since the car was purchased in Feb 2006. The vehicle was not diagnosed or serviced. On June 3, 2014, I was leaving my driveway and saw a tractor-trailer coming down the road. Trying to stop, I pressed the brake and accelerator pedals at the same time. I pressed on the brake harder to stop; however, I was also pressing on the accelerator harder. This caused a terrible accident between the tractor-trailer and me. I was air lifted to a trauma center. The truck driver was also injured. My vehicle was totaled. I consider the adjustable pedals a very dangerous problem and the owners of of the 2006 Lincoln Town car signature limit8jsed with adjustable pedals should be made aware of this danger.

- S Prince George, VA, USA