2006 Lincoln Zephyr seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr:

2006 Lincoln Zephyr Owner Comments

Jun 022016

Takata recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Oakley, CA, USA

Nov 172016

Zephyr

The contact owns a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oswego, IL, USA

Jun 152016

Zephyr

The contact owns a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lodi, CA, USA

Sep 012016

Zephyr

Takata recall for passenger side airbag. The airbag light is illuminating on the dashboard now. I called dealership and they are telling me that the parts for the fix will not be available until next year sometime. This is unacceptable as this is a serious recall. I am afraid to drive my car.

- Holmdel, NJ, USA

Jul 012016

Zephyr

Takata recall passenger airbag may explode causing metal to fly and cause injury or death. This is my only mode of transportation with my children and I am concerned about them being in this car. We had a death due to this in my area with a Honda. I received the recall in July. There are still no remedies to this. I need this fixed or a rental until so.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Zephyr

Takata recall I don't feel safe driving my 2006 Lincoln. I don't feel safe having a passenger. My car is in excellent condition with only 48000 mile on it. Even if I wanted to sell or trade in, would I be liable. I need to get this taken care of right away. Whom do I contact at takata?

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Oct 012013

Zephyr

Car has a hard time accelerating/switching gears whole driving in city or on the hwy... causing the engine to buck. This has been ongoing since I've owned the car. At times my airbag light comes on...something to do with the sensors malfunctioning.

- Salem, OR, USA

Feb 092016

Zephyr

Air bag light came on. Had it diagnosed and fault according to code was B229015 fault ppt D1 to D3 rhs front sensor not reading properly need to replace inboard and outboard rhs front rails this vehicle has hardley ever had a front passenger in the front seat and there is no way that these rails should or could be damaged or bent causing the sensor not to read. This is a defective and or inferior rail system.

- Arnold, MO, USA

Aug 312015

Zephyr

While driving along at approx. 50 mph, with an adult passenger in the right front seat, the airbag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. It remains on permanently anytime the key is "on". it happened without warning on a smooth highway in good weather. The information screen did not give any further information, and the onboard computer diagnostics does not address the situation.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Mar 282013

Zephyr

The contact owns a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, she was struck by another vehicle from the front and rear passenger sides, causing the contact to crash into a pole. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the chin, hands, and fingers and a passenger sustained minor knee and shoulder injuries. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was destroyed and was not diagnosed for the air bag failure. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 272012

Zephyr 6-cyl

Im filing this complaint due to having issues with my 06 Lincoln Zephyr. While driving my passenger side air bag light turned on and in order to get the light to turn off I had to turn off my vehicle and restarted it but the light has not come back on since then. Im also having problems with my passenger side A/C seat climate control randomly turning off completely on its own. Im also having issues with my A/C blowing hot air and I was told it's a sensor deep in the dash that cost approximately $25 but the labor is $500 plus. I need to find out if there are any recalls for the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr V6 3.0.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 062006

Zephyr 6-cyl

: the contact stated a parked vehicle was struck while traveling at 45 mph. The parked vehicle was sitting in the right hand lane of traffic changing a flat tire and upon initial impact the airbags did not deploy. The occupants of the vehicle were wearing seat belts, but minor injuries were sustained. The vehicle was totaled, due to extensive body damage. The police responded to the scene and took a report. The manufacturer was alerted. Updated 09/15/06.

- Levittown, NY, USA