9.0

$2,800.00

1. new transmission (1 reports)
1999 Mazda 626 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mazda 626:

1999 Mazda 626 Owner Comments

Jan 062014

626 LX

Would not go into drive, no codes though the mazda dealer said its the tranny. After research on transmissions I wanted to have a remanufactured one installed. All shops I discussed this with wanted to keep the core charge for the transmission $500.00. If I had the means I would install myself, cost for the trans shipped is $1640.00.

Since there are other issues with this vehicle I am not fixing the car and will sell it as is.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 202009

626

The car started, but when put into drive it did not engage. My son actually said it went into reverse but the car was in drive. He put the car back into park, shut if off and then it would not turn over at all. Like a dead battery, except all the electric worked.

Anyone with ideas?? Checked the Transmission level, moved the shift level into neutral, shift lever back into park, and into gear. Still not luck, it will not crank.

- , Rockville, MD, USA