2.5

2001 Mazda 626 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda 626:

2001 Mazda 626 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Apr 012004

626 4-cyl

Hello, I am writing to inform you of a transmission problem I have with my madza 626. I have taken it to my mechanic and have talked to 3 others and they all tell me the same thing. This is a common problem with the automatic transmission on the madza 626. I bought my car new in 2001 and it has almost 99,000 miles. I have been told that it will cost me $2500-3000 to fix it. My mechanic says it will be cheaper for me in the long run to trade it in and get a new car. I am forced to get a new car because my 2001 madza 626 does not run. This car needs to be recalled.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Dec 302003

626 4-cyl

Mazda 626lx transmission went three times and the car is only 3 years oldmobile.

- Port Jervis, NY, USA

Feb 042004

626

O/D off light began to flash when vehicle's total mileage was about 76,000 miles. Informed by the dealer that transmission had overheated and required replacement. Vehicle's warranty had expired thus dealership refused to cover expenses of repairs.

- Center Valley, PA, USA

Jan 162004

626 4-cyl

626 Mazda LX 2001, 46,000 miles, transmission failure. Dealer diagnosed as requiring full exchange (rebuilt) transmission. Originally quoted at $2,400. However after extensive complaint Mazda representative assisted w/charging for labor $700 only. Mazda is being unfair with this situation...no car should be having this kind of failure at 46,000 miles. Looking to have entire job warranted...warranty had just expired by 3 days when incident occurred.

- W. Covina, CA, USA

Jan 132004

626 6-cyl

2001 Mazda 626 esv6 transmission problems slips and jerks. The trans has been replaced in the early 30K range. It is now in the 63K range and starting again. Please help. We are being told it will cost us 2800 for repairs.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

626

My car was purchased February 2001. Several months later my transmission was replaced because the transmission stop shifting.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 182003

626

I have a 2001 Mazda 626. The over drive light began to flash, within 15 minutes I was at the dealer. I need a new transmission. My car is not showing any signs of failure. The light keeps flashing. I put an external transmission radiator and the light has not turned on. I have to replace my brakes 4 times in six months. They say it is my driving. How can this be? once it took them a week to put brake pads. That Monday they said it needed rotors and did not have the parts. That Friday I picked up my car and they said it did not need rotors after all!!! they rented me a car, 2 months later my credit card was charged for the weeks rental. Besides this the national city mile of cars wescott Mazda-Kia dealer are sexist and discriminate against women. The customer service guy (tom) called me an ass and never apologized even after I told his boss.

- San Diego , CA, USA

Sep 262003

626 4-cyl

Transmission burned out at 60,000 miles. Since it's out of warranty, Mazda won┐T handle responsibility and offer help.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Aug 212001

626 4-cyl

2001 Mazda 626 LX transmission. Transmission problems: Shift hunting, lurching, inability to select gears, vibration, noise, harsh starts, slow starts, chugging, slipping. Second transmission in vehicle (dealer/warranty rebuilt transmission installed by dealer).

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Jul 212003

626

Consumer has been experiencing problems with transmission. Owner took vehicle to dealer for repairs several times, only to have a rebuilt transmission installed at 5000 miles, and it is worse than the original transmission.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

May 012003

626

The transmission burn out and the vehicle would not shift at all.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 242003

626

While traveling on the highway, the transmission burned out.

- Tampa, FL, USA

626

My name is aise cannon but the car is under my father's name, calvin cannon. He bought the car for me. The gears sometimes will not engage and when I am finally able to switch gears the car will jerk about a foot back, and I've only had the car 3 months.

- Opelika, AL, USA