2001 Mazda 626 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda 626:

2001 Mazda 626 Owner Comments

Jul 242004

626 4-cyl

Automatic transmission failure at 41,000 miles.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Apr 012004

626 4-cyl

Hello, I am writing to inform you of a transmission problem I have with my madza 626. I have taken it to my mechanic and have talked to 3 others and they all tell me the same thing. This is a common problem with the automatic transmission on the madza 626. I bought my car new in 2001 and it has almost 99,000 miles. I have been told that it will cost me $2500-3000 to fix it. My mechanic says it will be cheaper for me in the long run to trade it in and get a new car. I am forced to get a new car because my 2001 madza 626 does not run. This car needs to be recalled.

- Acworth, GA, USA