6.5

2001 Mazda 626 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda 626:

2001 Mazda 626 Owner Comments

Aug 072006

626 4-cyl

While driving children to school my car started losing speed and the rpms were way high. Pulled over to side of highway and was not able to go in any gear. Luckily I pulled over when I did. Car was towed to transmission shop and was told they see so many Mazda vehicles come in because Mazda put in a Ford transmission made for a smaller vehicle. Therefore the transmission burns out. Was told my transmission needed rebuilt and to add this cooling unit $2,100. Thank you Mazda for keeping your customers informed of this. If I had known that it needed this cooling unit or my transmission would burn up, I would have spent the $140 for the unit. But Mazda did not feel that their customers were privy to this information. Never will by Mazda again!!!!!

- Senatobia, MS, USA