6.5

2. yes, they replaced it or repaired it (2 reports)
2014 Mazda CX-5 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda CX-5:

2014 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Apr 102017

CX-5 Touring 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Car ends up with dead battery. part shouldn't have been 300 dollars, and a 100 for labor. should have been on recall since it's a known problem.

- , Wallingford, CT, US

Mar 312017

CX-5 Sport 2.0L

My 2014 Mazda CX-5 started occasionally NOT completely shutting down when I pushed the ignition button to turn it off about 2 months ago. When this happens I have to start it again, back it up a little bit, pull back into parking space and shut off again. It has at times taken me 2-3 times of doing this before it will shut down. I can go days without it happening then the other day it did it every time I tried to turn it off. It is very annoying and must be a serious electrical problem and I want it fixed before my vehicle goes out of warranty.

- , Jacksonville, US

Mar 012017

CX-5 Grand Touring Not Sure, The Big 4 cylin

My 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring with 58,900 on it will not fully shut down. It will only go to accessory. I have no idea what's wrong with it. Unfortunately its out of warranty.

- , Greenville, SC, US

Feb 242016

CX-5 Grand Touring 2.5L

After coming to a complete stop, I put the car in park and use the ignition button to turn off the car. The car does not completely turn off and a prompt appears asking to put the car in park. The car is already in park so i have to press the ignition button again to turn the car on and re-position the shifter into park so the car could actually acknowledge the car is in park. Sometimes I have to do this a few times just to turn off the car properly. This should be a recall. I will not repair this until Mazda comes to it's senses and realizes they have a faulty shifter or sensor and repairs this without cost.

- , Queens Village, NY, USA

May 092016

CX-5

I have been having an issue with turning my car off completely, and it started about a month ago. It is a push-start engine, and when I put my car in park and turn the car off with the button, most of the time, the system doesn't completely shut down. I have to have typically to turn it back on, drive around and then park it.

As someone else experienced, I have same symptoms as him.

The problem always occurs during morning hours when the temperature is around 80-90 Fahrenheit or more. Not sure whether it is because of hot temperatures. I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer next week, hope I can show the problem to them.

- , San Jose, CA, US

Jul 032016

CX-5

Over the past 6-8 months, I have been having an issue with turning my car off completely. It is a push-start engine and when I put my car in Park and turn the car off with the button, about 75% of the time the system doesn't completely turn off. When I open the door, you hear a beeping sound which doesn't allow you to lock my lock or arm the car. The engine is shut off but part of the system is still on. I typically have to turn it on, reverse it, drive it, park it, compress the brake. You have to really almost slam it into park for the vehicle to shut off. Even though I did this Sunday, when I returned to my car, my battery was dead and I had to call for assistance. I'm just 37,000 miles and determining a pattern to the resolve the issue is impossible.

We park it the same way every day and it is fully in 'Park.' Sometimes it takes one time to shut down, other times it's up to ten attempts. Very, very frustrating and I can't promise that I'll purchase another Mazda when my lease is up (soon). It looks like everyone out here who has had a same problem says the dealership cannot find what the true problem is and acts if they've never heard about it. My husband is at the Mazda dealership in Wayne NJ now and (since it's out of warranty, they seem to have found the problem) they say it's the Shifter (whatever). And that Shifter is costing me $400.

- Sandra Walker, NJ, USA

Update from Oct 19, 2016: The dealer would not accept responsibility so I upgraded my complaint to Mazda USA. They were very helpful and also told me that I should've called the dealer so that they could've received approval from Mazda. However, they repaid me most of the cost. I am thankful.

- , East Orange, NJ, USA

Apr 222016

CX-5 Grand Sport 2.5L

when I go to turn off the vehicle it doesn't allows shut down all the electrical components, radio, dash lights ext. all stay on until I keep pushing the button without putting my foot on the brake and it will finally turn off.

- , Bear, DE, USA

Apr 182016

CX-5

Over the past 3 months, I have been having an issue with turning my car off completely. It is a push-start engine and when I put my car in Park and turn the car off with the button, about 50% of the time the system doesn't completely turn off. When I open the door, there is a beeping noise and I cannot lock my car. The engine is shut off but part of the system is still on. I typically have to turn it on, reverse it, drive it, park it, compress the break, use or don't use the e-brake, etc. (I try a combo until it finally shuts off). I can't determine a pattern to the issue. I park it the same way every day and it is fully in 'Park.' Sometimes it takes 1 attempt to correct, sometimes up to 7. One time I couldn't get it to shut off so I left for awhile and when I came back the battery was dead. It is really frustrating and I can't find any hope in getting it fixed. It looks like everyone out there who has had a similar problem says the dealership can't detect any issues. Any help?

- , Durham, NC, USA