7.5

2015 Mazda CX-5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Dec 062014

CX-5

I have a braking issue. When I brake my car at low speed, I rarely have any issue and my brake works well. But if I drive at a higher speed (>55mph) and brake relatively fast, I will feel like my foot is pushing on both brake and gas pedals, and my car will not slow down as it's supposed to. It feels like there is no significant force of friction between the brake pads and drums. The feeling of braking is not smooth either as if I was pushing the gas pedal at the same time. I almost hit the cars before me twice. This issue can be resolved with quick brake pedal relief and subsequent stepping on again. I may need to repeat this effort several times before it works normally. I believe there is some mechanical problem with it. I drive very carefully on high way now.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jan 012016

CX-5

Braking I would have a braking issue every time I drive over a little indentation (a horizontal line that is slightly on the road used for a water passage). When I drive over the water passage my vehicle would not stop and even thought I step on the brake pedal hard, it would just keep going and you can feel the brakes just slipping off the brake pad or something like that.

- Saipan, MP, USA

Mar 202015

CX-5

Leaving an above-ground parking garage, the city brake assist feature engaged twice, without warning. The car came to a sudden and complete stop and the wheels locked up. There were no cars or other obstacles in the vicinity that would have caused the city brake assist feature to engage. When the feature engaged, the car was going about 5 mph, on a slight downhill (the decline was simply from the parking garage), and it occurred during a straightaway section of the garage (e.g., not while going around a bend).

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Nov 122014

CX-5 4-cyl

Our vehicle is equipped with the "smart city braking" feature that automatically prevents collisions at low speed. This system triggers the brakes and brings the vehicle to a stop when an object is detected in front of the vehicle. This system has been triggered by steam clouds coming out of sewer grates and has brought the car to a complete and very unexpected stop several times. No real "object" was behind the steam cloud / yet because of the way the system is implemented it detected an object and activated the brakes. This unexpected braking can quickly bring the car to a complete stop and could result in serious property damage or injury. We pass by an area with multiple sewage grates releasing steam and this system is becoming a safety hazard. We have been lucky enough not to have someone behind us when the system is triggered - but it is only a matter of time before the braking triggers in heavy traffic.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 152014

CX-5 4-cyl

This is the second occurrence of the same issue, but while driving the vehicle at highway speeds, all dash lights illuminated (check engine, turn signals, temp warnings, etc) simultaneously and the information screen displayed an alert "engine inspection required". the incident also resulted in a loss of power steering/heavier-than-normal steering effort and brake warning indications, on the first instance (July 10, 2014), Mazda roadside assistance was contacted and the vehicle was towed to the dealer with no fault/cause found. On the second instance (July 15, 2014), the vehicle was driven directly to the dealership. Technicians were able to diagnose the issue to a loose ground connection in the passenger front fender well.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA