8.1

2015 Mazda CX-5 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Mar 082016

CX-5

I was going from R to D on flat ground. The gear indicator says D but when I press the gas pedal nothing happens for two seconds. Then the gear changes and the car jerked forward violently. My wife was scare about it, we have four cars, none of them will be like it. Also, when you going down hill, the gears will change violently, I will take this car to dealership next oil change.

- Paso Robles, CA, USA

Feb 262015

CX-5 4-cyl

Accelerating onto the freeway, the engine lost power and the check engine as well as several dash warning lights illuminated. The vehicle would not respond to the accelerator pedal, and would only go 45-50mph. I took it to the dealer and after reading out the data on the engine computer, I was told the problem was most likely "bad" gas. I was directed to just burn through the gas in the tank. When the car was returned to me from the garage it was running fine and I was not told anything had been done to correct the problem. I am still using the same tank of gas and have not experienced the problem again so far. I checked with the gas retailer and they have had no other complaints with respect to contaminated gas. I feel this is a safety issue. I had to drive the car on a 75mph freeway at 45mph to reach the dealer. Even with emergency flashers on that was a very harrowing experience.

- Spring, TX, USA

Feb 212015

CX-5 4-cyl

I just purchased this vehicle in September 2014. While I was driving on interstate 15 at approximately 70mph all a sudden I had no more power I could not accelerate, when I pushed the gas pedal nothing would happen. I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped put it in park and put it back in drive and it went. So I continued on my trip however, about 50 minutes into my trip now on interstate 215 that same thing happened this time when I pulled over just putting it I park and back in drive it didn't work I had to turn the vehicle off start it and then it worked. I had to turn around and cancel the trip as I didn't want to be stranded. I'm not sure if its the transmission or what.

- Oceanside , CA, USA