2015 Mazda CX-5 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:

2015 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Apr 192016

After making a right hand turn, there was a sudden loud noise. The car then came to a sudden stop on it's own. Upon inspection, the lower control arm ball joint and axle detached from the front passenger tire while the car was in motion.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 102016

. the tires that it has are the ones that came originally with the car when I purchased brand new in May 2014. The car has only 12K miles. The incident happened this last Sunday (1/10/16) at around 1:30pm. I was returning with my family from a school soccer game. I was driving on the I-95 at around 50mph in the express lanes. Suddenly we heard a loud noise, we were not sure if it was coming from the car, the radio, a nearby truck or even an app from my kids' tablet. At the same time my car started losing traction and vibrates, but luckily I was able to control it and decelerate carefully. I was able to stop in one the sides of the highway, and then I exited the car and took a look of what happened. And then it was when I discovered the scary situation. The passenger rear tire (yokohama geolandar G91) was completely destroyed as shown in the photo that I sent you. That happened without cause. There was not any debris or anything in the highway and the road was clear. The weather was nice too, it had been raining a few minutes before, but it was clear at the time of the accident. After I saw the tire, I realized of the lucky that we were

- Miami, FL, USA