2016 Mazda CX-5 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-5:

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 242015

The contact owns a 2016 Mazda Cx-5. while driving at various speeds, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer multiple times, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Sep 152015

I had driven my new car for only about 700 miles when the transmission failed. I was waiting for a red light to turn green. When it did, I pressed on the gas and the car engine roared, but the transmission acted as if it were in neutral. The car went no where for about five seconds. I put on my hazard lights and was lucky not to be hit from behind. Eventually, the drive kicked in. I took it to the dealer and was told it needed a new transmission. There was no known recall issue as of yet. Mazda replaced the transmission as per the warranty.

- Boardman, OH, USA

Sep 252015

The vehicle would not go from reverse to drive or drive to reverse. It would be in drive but would reverse. Then it would lurch forward and the engine would rev and it would go forward. It had a delayed reaction when changing the gears and engine would rev up when it finally would change. I took it to Mazda dealer and they said it needs a new transmission. It has 1000 miles and is about 6 weeks old.

- Lake Providence, LA, USA

Sep 182015

Automobile was almost brand new, didn't even have license plates on it yet, when I proceeded to back out of a parking spot. The vehicle backed out but would not go forward in drive. It finally lurched into drive after giving it more gas and revving the engine. I turned the vehicle off and restarted it, again same issue. Would not move forward in drive, even in manual shift mode. Had vehicle towed. Mazda stated they are replacing the entire transmission. I am reporting in case their are others having this issue. Very thankful it happened in a parking lot and not when I was trying to pull out into traffic.

- The Woodlands, TX, USA

Aug 252015

Stopped on highway at red light. Went to pull out on green, car hesitated then it felt like I was being hit from behind the transmission engaged with a big thud before I could get moving. Further on down the road it would without warning, downshift then upshift, going sometimes from 6th gear to 3rd and throwing me forward. Everytime I would stop and try to start there was hesitation from the transmission then it would slam into gear. When I was stopped on a slight upgrade, the car would drift backward a good bit, the only way to stop it was to give it more gas and the transmission would again slam into gear. During all this no engine or warning lights of any kind came on. The model I was driving was less than 30 days old with only 3300 miles on it. I am concerned, because I traded in a 2014 Mazda cx 5 ( same model) and it also had to have the transmission replaced. Mazda is replacing the transmission in this 2016 unit.

- Jeannette, PA, USA