2016 Mazda CX-5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-5:

2016 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

Sep 262016

The problem is that this vehicle allows you to turn it off being still in "D" (without even shifting it to "P"). it doesn't warn you at all if you forget to shift to "P". it has happened to me that a couple of times I have turned off the vehicle, got off of it and vehicle remains in "D", without giving you any beep of warning. The other day, I stopped/parked my vehicle in a parking slot and turned it off and I forgot to shifted to "P". it passed a couple of minutes, while I was doing my makeup and hair that the car started moving. When I realized what was happening, vehicle had already moved about 3 yards (almost out of the parking slot) luckily I was still inside the car and could brake. Should I have left the car immediately after turning it off, it has caused an accident hitting people/cars bypassing.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Aug 042016

On 8/4/2016 in miami fl at 3:45 pm. I was waiting at a stop my foot on the breaks when the engine started self accelerating. It stopped once I put my car on neutral

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 292016

After pulling into a parking and entering parking space my wife attempted to stop car, with her foot on the brake the vehicle jerked forward jumping a parking bumper at an accelerated rate of speed. After jumping the bumper our Cx-5 headed toward two parked cars, she was able to turn the wheel to the right where she was then headed toward a crosswalk, between two parking lots, with a hand rail. The vehicle finally came to a stop after becoming wedged under the hand rail and bumping a parked car. Damage was to the R fender, front bumper and hood a total of $5,100 worth of damage. Vehicle was towed to dealer. Mazda would no look into what or why it happened, our insurance company sent out a member of their forensic group to investigate the problem. Nothing was found to be wrong at the time that he checked and could not duplicate as he could not drive the vehicle. This was our second Mazda and our last, moving on.

- Metairie, LA, USA

May 132016

When reversing out of driveway, going from reverse to drive, the car aggressively goes forward. A jerking forward motion that causes the tires make a brief skid sound. This has happened multiple times.

- Covina, CA, USA