- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- June 29: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 and Mazda6 Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 53 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 64 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine & A/C defects as the two previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure, turbo failure, & the A/C compressor clutch seizing. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 14,286 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
seat belts / air bags problem