CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

2010 Mazda CX-7 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Aug 012015

CX-7

Sunroof shattered - I just got onto I-43 via the on ramp and my sunroof exploded and came down on me like a shower of glass. I was able to pull over. I immediately looked for any foreign debris but there was none. I drove home and called the car dealer (holiday in fond du lac wi). They said they never heard of a sunroof breaking because of the heat or anything like this and my extended warranty would not cover. I had it fixed and heard about this on the news two weeks later. My car is a 2010 Mazda CX7 in excellent condition. The cost to replace was $597.08 plus tax.

- Sheboygan, WI, USA

Jan 132010

CX-7

New headrests since 2010 are terrible. My neck constantly hurts because I like to sit against the back of my seat, and my head is pushed forward at an angle no matter how I try to adjust the headrests in my CX7. These "safety" regulations are causing me pain and permanent neck issues. These safety regulations need to be revised.

- Bellevue, WA, USA