CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

3.7

2010 Mazda CX-7 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Jul 262013

CX-7 4-cyl

When it is cold outside and I am backing out or driving forward and I brake it makes a grinding noise. I have had my brakes changed and that was not the problem. It only does it when it is cold out side after it gets warmed up it stops.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA