CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

3.8

2010 Mazda CX-7 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Jan 052017

CX-7

Low beam headlights on this vehicle are extremely poor and they are so dull that it is difficult to drive at night. When I compare the low beam halogen projectors on other makes of vehicles that I have driven, they consistently perform far better than those on the Mazda. I felt that the lights were subpar from the time I bought the vehicle from new, but they have gotten worse over time. Specifically the illumination of the road surface, the Focus and the distance of the light all appear to be very poor. It is just difficult to see at night. I suspect that the problem is in the design and construction of the lights because as I mentioned, I noticed this problem when the car was new. So this is not a problem of old lights on an old car. I even mentioned it to the dealership during a service and they checked the aim of the lights and said that they were working perfectly. Having seen other complaints from other owners and drivers of this vehicle, I am now convinced that this is a problem that Mazda should take responsibility for. Headlights are there to enable drivers to see and be seen under most road conditions. The 2010 Mazda Cx-7 headlights simply fail to achieve this. This is clearly a case of form over function, but in this case it had led to a serious safety concern

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Dec 202016

CX-7

Yet another dim headlight has burned out. I've owned this vehicle 16 months, and this will be the 10th time changing the dim headlight bulb. 7 times on the drivers side, and this will make 3rd time on passenger side. As well as having to change a tail light on passenger side. All the Mazda dealers are aware of this problem, and I as well as they are wondering why there is no recall on this problem?!! this is an expensive, troublesome and very aggravating issue, and very inconvenient and unsafe!!

- Fort Atkinson, WI, USA

Dec 072016

CX-7

The headlights (low beam) on my car simply stopped working all of a sudden. Checked the fuses and all are fine. High beams and signal lights work fine, it's just the headlights. Have seen this same description in other websites as possibly the control module had a short circuit and this is a very common thing to happen to these cars. Mazda is not accepting this as an "in warranty" repair even though this is a major common complaint. My car is out of warranty already, so I'll need to pay this repair out of pocket.

- Ruther Glen, VA, USA

Nov 052016

CX-7

My headlights have been going out for the last several years and I finally realized I should complain about. I've change the low beam bulbs multiple times (I do not touch the bulb with my hand) and every few months the bulb goes bad. This happens so frequently that I keep a spare bulb in my glove compartment. I've read many message boards stating their Mazda has similar issues. There has to be some other solution rather than spending a lot of money on bulbs or going to the dealership for them to change.

- Ashville, AL, USA

May 022016

CX-7

Head lights are very dim. Can not drive the car at night. I have replaced the lights 2 times with no improvement.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Sep 282015

CX-7

Dim headlamp bulbs burn out repeatedly. Have owned vehicle 5 months and have changed 4 times

- Union, IL, USA

Mar 032015

CX-7 4-cyl

The bulbs melted both back tail light lamps. A manufacturing defect from defective parts. Which should be replace and repair free of charge.

- Manor, TX, USA

Aug 012011

CX-7

I purchased the 2010 Mazda CX7 vehicle about nine months ago. I frequently do not drive the vehicle because I feel it is unsafe under many conditions. The dash lights are inadequate and make it almost impossible to know how fast you are traveling day or night. I am afraid I will be ticketed for traveling too slow or too fast when the instrument panel is so poorly lighted. I have looked at other 2010 and 2011 models, and they are all the same, poorly lighted. I recently spoke to someone with another model who had the same complaint. I feel that it is unsafe and should be recalled. I have no other complaints about the vehicle at this time.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA