CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

5.4

2010 Mazda CX-7 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Nov 052016

CX-7

My headlights have been going out for the last several years and I finally realized I should complain about. I've change the low beam bulbs multiple times (I do not touch the bulb with my hand) and every few months the bulb goes bad. This happens so frequently that I keep a spare bulb in my glove compartment. I've read many message boards stating their Mazda has similar issues. There has to be some other solution rather than spending a lot of money on bulbs or going to the dealership for them to change.

- Ashville, AL, USA

May 022016

CX-7

Head lights are very dim. Can not drive the car at night. I have replaced the lights 2 times with no improvement.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Sep 282015

CX-7

Dim headlamp bulbs burn out repeatedly. Have owned vehicle 5 months and have changed 4 times

- Union, IL, USA

Mar 032015

CX-7 4-cyl

The bulbs melted both back tail light lamps. A manufacturing defect from defective parts. Which should be replace and repair free of charge.

- Manor, TX, USA

Aug 012011

CX-7

I purchased the 2010 Mazda CX7 vehicle about nine months ago. I frequently do not drive the vehicle because I feel it is unsafe under many conditions. The dash lights are inadequate and make it almost impossible to know how fast you are traveling day or night. I am afraid I will be ticketed for traveling too slow or too fast when the instrument panel is so poorly lighted. I have looked at other 2010 and 2011 models, and they are all the same, poorly lighted. I recently spoke to someone with another model who had the same complaint. I feel that it is unsafe and should be recalled. I have no other complaints about the vehicle at this time.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA