Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).

In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.

2010 Mazda CX-7 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-7:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Sep 132016

Two safety recalls (NHTSA#16V-356 & NHTSA#16V-593) stating repairs should be made immediately. Owners to contact dealer for repairs. Beginning in July 2016, closest Mazda dealer has been contacted repeatedly to make these repairs, and I have been told they cannot order parts. Consider this a formal complaint. Owner is attempting to get safety repairs made, and is unable to do so.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 252016

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Cx-7. while driving various speeds, there was an abnormal noise underneath the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the noise was coming from the brakes. The technician stated that there was no failure with the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified and stated that the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V593000 (suspension) would not be performed unless there was an existing failure with the recalled component. The failure mileage was 66,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Sep 062016

Mazda is refusing to fix the recall on my vehicle saying that it's not a safety recall. The last time I checked the lower control arms separating from the ball joints was a safety issue. I have called the dealer and they can't get the part or don't want to they told me the first time it was the brakes popping and now they say nothing is wrong with it at all. Mazda corporate doesn't seem like they care either. They told me it was safe to drive not to worry about it. My vehicle is making popping noises in the front end and they don't want to fix it. They want to pawn it off on another part of the vehicle.

Aug 162016

Incomplete recall for lower control arms. My vehicle is making popping noises when going in drive and in reverse. Every once in a while will make creaking noises while driving down the road. All noises associated with the ball joints and control arms. The dealership took over a hour to come back and say they don't have the parts to fix it but think the brakes are where the noise is coming from. This is my only vehicle and my wife and 2 small children ride in it. I called Mazda corporate and made my complaint and stressed that I don't feel safe driving this vehicle until it is fixed. They just told me there wasn't anything that could be done about it. Putting the safty of my family at risk for injury. I am at a dead end with the manufacturer on this issue. I don't have the means to buy a new car or rent one until it is repaired.