Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: So far Mazda seems to have fixed the serious engine & A/C defects that plagued the 2007-2010 CX-7s. We're giving it a tentative "Good" rating for now.

2011 Mazda CX-7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-7:

2011 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

Aug 132015

I was driving at a normal rate of speed on a fairly busy street when the car just suddenly decelerated, causing the car behind me to swerve to narrowly avoid me. Thankfully he also avoided hitting anyone else. My car continued to move forward, but with no ability to accelerate. I managed to get clear of traffic and was able to get the car to a repair place nearby. I was told that the entire throttle body was bad, and that it would have to be replaced. The car is a 2011, less than 60K miles on it with regular oil changes and has never had any issues until this. The complete and immediate deceleration seems quite dangerous in my opinion. And having done some reading online, this seems to be a fairly common problem that Mazda is aware of yet has done nothing to rectify.

- Torrance, CA, USA