1.6

2007 Mazda CX-9 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda CX-9:

2007 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jul 012014

CX-9 6-cyl

Was driving on interstate at night. Engine light came on and car immediately drove as if it were not operating on all cylinders. Took it to dealership and it had multiple misfire codes, 301, 351, 352, 354. I researched and found multiple complaints filed on-line regarding the exact misfire codes I experienced and PCM issues in this particular year, make and model. This problem is way too expensive to fix on a personal level. If Mazda is aware that this has been an issue, they need to remedy it. I do not believe I need to personally pay for a PCM when this appears to be a common problem in this make and model. I believe Mazda is very aware of this problem, and they need to remedy it and replace the PCM.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 012013

CX-9 6-cyl

Was driving on interstate at night in snow; unsafe and unknown area with just me and my daughter. Engine light came on and car immediately drove as if it were not operating on all cylinders. Took it to dealership and it had multiple misfire codes, 301, 351, 352, 354. Coils bad and PCM "fried." Car is only 5 years old and last car payment made October 2012. I researched and found multiple complaints filed on-line regarding the exact misfire codes I experienced and PCM issues in this particular year, make and model. This problem is way too expensive to fix on a personal level. If Mazda is aware that this has been an issue, they need to remedy it. I'm perfectly fine to pay for replacement parts at the time Mazda recommends they are due; however I do not believe I need to personally pay for a PCM after 5 years of use when this appears to be a common problem in this make and model. I called corporate Mazda to ask about any known PCM problems on 3/6/2012, reference # 146248920 and was not given any information. I was told to simply trust the technician. This answer is not acceptable. I believe Mazda is very aware of this problem, and they need to remedy it. I will pay for new coils and new spark plugs as those are due, but Mazda should replace the PCM.

- Lexington, KY, USA