8.9

2010 Mazda CX-9 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-9:

2010 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jan 052011

CX-9 6-cyl

I purchased a new Mazda cx 9 in the fall of 2010. After a few months, I noticed the traction control "tcs off" button illuminated while driving up a paved incline. After turning off the engine and restarting, the tcs-off button shut off. This happened a couple of times before my first servicing. I mentioned the issue to the Mazda dealership when I went in for regular servicing. They checked it and said they found no problem with it. Yet the problem continued sporadically. The tcs-off light occasionally illuminates on inclined roads, in rain or snow, when driving from a paved to an unpaved road (or vice versa). Still the dealership found no problems during servicing. Now in the third year of driving, I mentioned the tcs again to the dealership, and this time they said, oh yes, it is a problem.. Mazda released a bulletin about it, saying the tcs needs to be repaired for $340, and the car shouldn't be driven until it's repaired. Yet this is the condition I've always driven it in! and of course, now my warranty has expired, and I'm liable for repairs even though this problem existed right from the very beginning. The dealership has said they'd put in a call, and perhaps Mazda will cover at least part of the cost. If it had been repaired under warranty, I wouldn't be liable for the repair and I wouldn't have to pay for the rental car while I'm waiting. I'll see how it pans out. Very frustrating.

- Hastings On Hudson, NY, USA

Aug 282010

CX-9

While driving at interstate road speed of 65mph on a clear non-raining, 65 degree day my traction control system light turns on and stays on for the duration of the ride.

- Waukesha, WI, USA