2010 Mazda CX-9 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-9:

2010 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Feb 202012

The first time I experienced this terrifying ordeal was in November of 2011. Since then, I have had it happen two more times. The car accelerates of up to speeds of 90 mph without warning. All 3 incidents have happened on the highway. The brakes slow it down, but do not stop it. All 3 times, I've been lucky enough to get the car to the shoulder and ride down the median, pushing the emergency break in and at one point pushing it into park. Mazda knows about this. Therefore they are liable. Mazda will tell you it's a throttle problem, they will tell you there is no wear on the brakes....well, that's because when the car does this unexpected acceleration, the brakes only go part way..almost like pushing against air. This is a serious problem with the computer and possibly throttle combined. My car is not fixed, it's also doing other stuff. Mazda wants me to keep this car and drive it. They are giants, so the little person like me does not matter to them it's the $$$$. but when someone dies, it will cost them $$$$$$$$$$. there needs to be a recall. I hope more people come forward. It could save your life or/and someone you love and other drivers on the road who are in danger of you hurting/killing them. My Mazda dealership have wonderful people who work there. They are very unhappy with Mazda not taking care of this problem. I want to make this clear, it's Mazda Corp that is aware and doing nothing and they hold the Mazda dealers hostage.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 152011

There is a ticking noise in the engine when idle. When the engine is cold the noise is louder. The vehicle has been taken to the dealer. The dealer states that there is nothing to fix. The dealer is informing me that it was the characteristics of the vehicle and it was inspected by a Mazda engineer. The engineer claims that this is a normal sound for this vehicle and engine. I explained that I had not heard this on any of the other Cx-9's I drove. The dealer tried to claim it was due to different engines. I informed the dealer that they all had the same engine. Again, he said there is nothing to fix (the ticking is normal). I informed the dealer that it is the opinion of another automobile shop that this sound is not normal and should not be occurring (I was at the other shop the week prior). The dealer responded by saying the other shop is not a Mazda dealership and their opinion does not matter.

- North Chili, NY, USA