2011 Mazda CX-9 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-9:

2011 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jul 242015

On 24 July 2015, while driving home from work, the driver in front of me executed an emergency braking to avoid a collision which caused me to do the same. From the moment I tried to actuate the brake pedal, it felt as if the pedal was in the floor and immovable. Little, if any, brake force was applied and required both feet with all the power of my legs to get even a small amount of braking. I had to immediately dive into the median at speeds of 60-65 mph to avoid hitting the car in front of me. This caused two tires to have to be replaced. When I left my parking garage and all the way to the freeway, braking was normal. No dash lights were active nor are they now. The issue persists now and driving the vehicle is not an option.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Feb 142014

CX-9 6-cyl

I have not had a accident yet, however since I purchased the car new I have had trouble with the front brakes, especially the right wheel. The dealer say there is nothing wrong and I have complained about this issue several times at regular service. I know something is wrong, the pedal fades and there is a grinding and sometimes hissing noise from the front right. It needs to be corrected by the dealer before something really bad happens.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA