3.7

2011 Mazda CX-9 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-9:

2011 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

May 162016

CX-9

I took my car to hall in brookfield wi to fix a recall issue. The dealer told me they fixed the recall issue but noticed another problem that requires the replacement of the differential bushings because they were torn. They charged me over $500 for this issue and I believe the issue was exasperated by the recall issue and I am not sure why I had to pay. I honestly believe it was a way for the dealer to charge me for the recall work because it was supposed to be free. I am attaching receipts for the work hall did to this complaint. Now my car is having issues with properly accelerating and is very loud.

- Menomonee Falls, WI, USA

Dec 162015

CX-9 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Mazda Cx-9. the contact stated that while stopped at a stop light, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate as the warning indicators flashed and the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 66,727. Updated 06/15/16 the consumer stated she accelerated from a stop light, as she turned the corner. She then realized, she could not brake, or steer the vehicle. She hit the emergency brake and turned the vehicle off. The dealer believed it was a vacuum problem as she braked slightly when she turned the corned. Updated 06/16/16.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA