2012 Mazda CX-9 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda CX-9:

2012 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jan 212016

Unintended acceleration in parking lot. Car was in drive, foot lightly on brake waiting on car in front to vacate parking spot. Engine suddenly surged and transmission made strange sound. Barely avoided running over an elderly pedestrian. This is about 4-5 time the car has done this in the last 6 months usually while waiting in a line of cars with foot on brake.

- Bellaire, TX, USA

Jun 022014

CX-9 6-cyl

I've purchased 2012 Mazda Cx-9 AWD it late November of 2011.recently I've been experiencing multiple unexpected loss of power-assisted brakes failure incident.I was in a minor fender bendeer. Thank god the driver infront was very nice and didnt file any claim against my insurance. When I brought my vehicle into Mazda services department to get it resolve. Instead of taking unexpected loss of power-assisted brakes as an urgent matter. They told me that my car is drivable and it still break. I can drive my Mazda in the meanwhile, until they have an open appointment for my Mazda to be seen. After speaking to multiple personel at the services department. They were able to take my Mazda and fixed the unexpected loss of power-assisted brakes. Now im experiencing speed control and power train. I was at a stop light and my Mazda stalled in the middle of a left turning lane, in addtion to the stall incident, I was also experiencing the traction control light came on and the tire pressure monitor light began to flash. It felt like car had downshifted a couple of gears. I lost forward power in all gears. My sons and I came close to multiple rear-ended incident because of the mechanical issue of our Mazda CX9. Please becareful when deciding to purchased your Mazda vehicle.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 212014

CX-9 6-cyl

I am unsure of the first date of occurrence, but the following have been happening since I purchased this vehicle new with 12 miles on it. And the dealer can't find anything wrong with it. 1. the ac always comes on. Even when it's below zero outside. 2. it fails to go when pushing on the accelerator frequently, and especially in reverse, from a stopped position, until you really push hard on the accelerator causing it jump. 3. last Friday 2/21/2014 as I was on a ramp moving from one interstate to another, the engine continued to rev up even after I let off the gas, and pushed the brake. This is not the first occurrence of this, it's actually happened at least 10-12 times. It was definitely the most scary, as I thought I was going over the side of the ramp or into the semi in front of me for a minute or so. 4. the brakes squeak loudly when it's cold. 5. the brakes are either really sensitive, or you have to stomp them to get them to work, so since you don't know which it's going to be you're likely to jerk yourself and your passengers around a lot. 6. the vehicle pulls to one side or the other, which would seem to indicate that an alignment is needed, however, it can't pick which side it's going to gravitate towards which leads me to believe it's something in the steering.

- Greencastle, IN, USA

Jan 212013

CX-9 6-cyl

I had an incident yesterday resulting in a minor collision. My accelerator stuck, my engine kept revving, and I could not stop. I kept applying the brakes but it felt as if everything locked up. I rearended the person in front of me no damage to their car and only minor to mine. I am now afraid to drive the vehicle. My husband contacted the dealership and they are waiting to hear back from Mazda corporate.

- Dayton, NV, USA