1. transmission rebuild (2 reports)
2004 Mazda MAZDA3 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda MAZDA3:

2004 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Feb 212013

I have a 2003 Mazda 3 with just 67,000 miles. I have just been told I need a new transmission. I have also had the brakes replaced, the timing belt replaced, am on my 3rd battery and had to be towed because the car seized up (it cost plenty but I am not sure the cause). Did I get a lemon? I brought the Mazda 3 because it was supposed to be a reliable car. I am very disappointed.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

May 252011

My darling I used to love you Mazda3 5-door has had a transmission total FAILURE, car would not drive, at 65,000 miles. Transmission fluid was full - checked it after car died. AT light came on AFTER failure occurred (that is the only light that ever came on to indicate a problem) and car would not go over 20mph. Towed car to transmission shop - Multistate Transmissions. Mechanic reported that he thought the torque converter was the first to go and it torched every thing else near it. Car needed tran rebuild - $2492 - on day 6 of no car to drive so far. Should get it back tomorrow. I called the dealership - no help except to give me Mazda's number. I will be calling them shortly.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA