2004 Mazda MAZDA3 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda MAZDA3:

2004 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jul 292011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Front wheel bearing fails prematurely. My right front wheel bearing failed at 58K miles and needed to be replaced. My left front wheel bearing is failing at 68K miles and needs replacing. My mechanic stated that these parts should last much longer, and that continued driving with a bad bearing could lead to wheel lockup and an accident. Many others are complaining of similar failure on internet forums. Mazda won't repair this free of charge since vehicle is out of warranty.

- Mariposa, CA, USA

Jan 042011

I bought a car recently, and it had some rust on both rear wheel wells in the same exact spots. I have a 2004 Mazda 3I and I took it to about 4 body shops to have it worked on. I got prices ranging from $1000 dollars to $2500 dollars to fix the rust. All of these body shops said they have had at least one other person with the same car and the same complaint as I did. Mazda needs to figure out what the problem is. I can not afford to pay 1000 dollars to get my car fixed. Mazda needs to take responsibility and fix it.

- Marysville, OH, USA