Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2007 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA3:

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Oct 262015

While driving, I slowed down and when turning, my wheel locked up and I had no control over my turn. My ABS light flashed, along with the traction light. The radio turned off and then came back on. The wheel unlocked and luckily I was not turning where someone was stopped.

- Troy, IL, USA

Nov 042014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

A few months after we bought our Mazda 3 we noticed the bulbs blew out well come to find out our lenses were melting and it got so hot the socket and bulb burst so we took it to the place we bought it and they warrantied them out well guess what the tail lenses we got replaced melted again and blew out the bulbs. We took our car to Mazda and the technicians found nothing wrong, no ground problem. Well we took it back to the place we bought it thinking they'd be able to warranty them out since they're less than a year well the lady wouldn't do it. Now I am stuck with my spoiler brake light and the passenger. So we decided to replace the brake switch and so far our passenger side hasn't blown out. I suggest replacing it and seeing what happens. It is a $30 part. Tonight I am buying new lenses and praying. I went through 4 bulbs in the driver and 3 bulbs in passenger. I need help figuring this out because $8 for a pack of bulbs every week is ridiculous.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 242014

The ABS system is broken.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Mar 072014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The brake light housing (amber lens) was heated by the bulb to such a degree that the lens itself melted onto the bulb. We are not entirely sure when this happened and may have been ongoing for quite some time. Upon inspection by an experienced automotive technician, it was confirmed that the bulbs were the correct model and had been installed correctly. Some of the plastic had melted down onto the bulb itself and could potentially become a fire hazard. This problem impacted both driver and passenger sides, with the driver side appearing more significantly melted. After a quick search on Mazda forums, this appears to be an issue experienced by many owners of 2007 Mazda 3 models, but only those in the hatchback configuration.

- Edmonds, WA, USA