CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2007 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2.4

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA3:

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jun 152014

MAZDA3

The transmission began taking severe and erratic shifts when going uphill when my Mazda reached 70,000 miles. These shifts are so severe that the first time it happened I thought a tire had blown out. It occurred on a high mountain pass that has no siderails and many fatalities have occurred simply from weather conditions. When we contacted Mazda customer service, they admitted that a defective part was in the transmission from the original purchase of the car. The part, in fact, is no longer manufactured because it has been rendered defective. Mazda told us over the course of several months and hours of putting us on hold and several more thousand miles put on the car that the only thing we could do is replace the entire transmission because it was no longer under warranty. Why is this not a safety issue and therefore a recall? Mazda customer service promised to review the case and our multiple phone calls, never got back with us, and refused to see that it is a safety issue. They will do nothing to repair the transmission because of their faulty manufacturing. We still continue to go over this pass, now in snowy and icy conditions with a baby in the backseat and no idea when the transmission will go out. Unfortunately until someone is seriously injured or dies Mazda won't take this issue seriously. I have lost all faith in Mazda's quality of assurance or concern for customer safety and will not be purchasing another Mazda in the future.

- Gunnison, CO, USA

May 302015

MAZDA3

Automatic 5 spd shifts harshly between 3rd and 4th gear. Jerking the car when it happens.

- Lebanon, NH, USA

Mar 212014

MAZDA3

In March of 2014, while driving, the transmission popped out of gear and would only go from 2nd to 3rd gear (check engine and at light immediately came on). I brought it to my mechanic and they determined it was a failure of the solenoid a /transmission module...cost me $1500. Then, 9 months later, the same thing happened. This time the mechanic said it was now the wire harness that was defective and had to repair shorted wires...cost me $500. Then, 3 months later, the same thing happened. This time I brought car directly to local Mazda dealer. I asked about recall, and they said no recall! so this time I was told solenoid B had failed and I needed a new transmission...cost me $1800. A week later, it did the same thing!!! I brought back to dealer and they said wires just needed tightening. A week later, my car wouldn't start...needed a new starter, belts, and battery...cost me $1100. This is clearly a Mazda defect and I should get my money refunded!!!

- Levittown, NY, USA

May 012015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I have been having issues with this vehicle ever since I purchased it from a dealership in woodbridge, va. The car's gears does not shift correctly and the engine continuously stalls. If I'm at a traffic light and the light switches from red to green the vehicle jumps as if it's going to cut off. My at light also came on and my check engine light comes on and off. Every time the vehicle's engine light is checked, it's because of "the thermostat" which I've seen many complaints from owners of the same type of vehicle. Although, the engine code is coming up as an issue with the thermostat, there's actually never an issue. I searched my VIN and its stating there are no open recalls for my vehicle, but I'm having the same issues as the open recalls for this particular make and model for 2007. I bought the vehicle October 2013 so there's no way Mazda could've sent me information pertaining to the recall and the dealership did not inform me of this either.

- Brandywine, MD, USA

Aug 202010

MAZDA3

Vehicle was traveling along on 30 mph road with 'stop' sign ahead. As vehicle slowed down to about 15 mph, transmission started to shake, several warning lights came on and off, including oil and power steering, RPM fell very close to 0 (zero) and car died. Vehicle was able to stop at the 'stop' sign. Even though the vehicle was still on, any pressure on the gas pedal did not provide power or input to the transmission, now in 1st gear, to move the car. Car needed to be completely turned off and then turned on before it could move again. This issue has been ongoing for 4 years regardless of speed. The car has also decided to stop providing power while in motion while in moving traffic or on the highway, which could have resulted in multiple car crashes or worse. Mazda refuses to acknowledge that anything is wrong with the car since they "cannot replicate the problem". this issue is sporadic and occurs regardless of speed (usually around 30 mpg or less), weather, distance traveled, amount of time car has been in consistent use, etc. Mazda has even hooked this car up to their computer system and no error code has been found. This issue has been extensively documented with our local Mazda dealer and paperwork is available for review. This car has been a true lemon since we bought it. It only has roughly 55K miles on it.

- Middle Village, NY, USA

Nov 092011

MAZDA3

While trying to accelerate form a stop my car stalled. The engine shut off but the radio and all indicator lights were on the dash. I had to put the car into park and turn the key to the off position and restart the engine. My car is an automatic transmission and has done this multiple times all at similar speeds. Going from a complete stop or from idling speed trying to accelerate.

- Downey, CA, USA

Nov 152010

MAZDA3

Buenas noches! lamentablemente no hablo ingles, pero quisiera obtener informacion acerca de la falla de fabricacion en el sistema hidraulico (ehpas) del Mazda 3 del 2007. Tengo uno Y presneto una falla donde el volante SE puso muy duro, Y en venezuela aun no han hecho el recalls. Ademas quisiera saber si han hecho alguna investigacion del generic electronic module, que controla el funcionamiento de: Los limpia para brisas, las luces, el sistema de doble transmision, espejos retrovisores, sistema de control de las ventanas, Y otros. Mi vehiculo tambien presento fallas de ese tipo Y creo que ES una falla de fabricacion de ese modulo (GEM) si tienen alguna experiencia O quejas de los usuarios, podria por favor enviarme esa informacion.

- Valencia, 00, USA