Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2008 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2008 Mazda MAZDA3 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda MAZDA3:

2008 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Apr 082014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Vibration at 55-63 mph. Tires wearing on inside in diagonal pattern on front. Worn completely to the core. Third set of tires.

- Goleta, CA, USA

Oct 012012

Like other Mazda 3 owners, my complaint concerns the rear tire camber. I noticed this condition after the 2nd set of tires. I didn't think that much of it during the first set of tires as the tires lasted for apprx 50K miles. But the 2nd set started to vibrate and rumble loudly after about 12K miles. I had them aligned and rotated but the noise and wear became worse. I purchased a 3rd set and again had the wheels aligned and the set lasted for about 30K miles. But I must state that the vibration and noise was unbearable, at this point. I finally found a mechanic that understood the problem. The rear control arms were fixed (did not have an adjustment). The only way to correct the problem was to replace the control arms (with an adjustable set). The car now rides smooth and quiet. My question and complaint...Mazda must have known about the problem, otherwise the replacement parts would probably be the same as the original, nonadjustable. So why, didn't Mazda offer assistance? the repair cost me over $625, not including the prematurely worn tires. I was very pleased with the car until this occurred. Now I question Mazda's integrity and may never purchase another one.

- Southside, AL, USA

Sep 012009

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Since I have purchased my vehicle I have to get the alignment done as often as I get the oil change done. When you are going over 45 mph the steering wheel shakes like you are driving a 4 X 4. there is also a horrible roaring once you get to 45 mph. The roaring and shaking goes away right after I have my car aligned, but, after a couple of weeks it starts coming back. I have changed the type of tires that I put on my car thinking it may help, but, it does not seem to be any different with the different type of tires I have put on my car.

- Seven Springs, NC, USA

Oct 142011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Engine mounts failed. Noticed vibration in the cabin when the car was in drive. There was no noticed vibration when the car was idling. When the engine was in drive, with the hood popped, the engine was noticeably pitching forward and returning to it's default position when the gas was released. I checked recalls and there were none shown, but there were many complaints about this on the internet. Local mechanic also stated that this is a known.

- Floral Park, NY, USA

Feb 012011

Rear camber on left wheel is off -2.7. local shop says that this is too much and needs to be replaced by installing an adjustable arm since the stock parts have no adjustment. Local shop says there are no signs of any impact such as a hard hit on something or curb strike. Mazda dealerships say 99.9 percent of the time this is because of a curb strike and it would not be covered under warranty. I became frustrated and suspicious after reading many similar complaints online. I also had to replace stock tires after 19K miles despite checking tire pressure, rotating them, etc. I thought then maybe it was due to poor quality tires but now suspect it is Mazda's negative camber issue.

- Carbondale, CO, USA

Jun 012010

After each tire rotation, ~every 10,000 miles, tire noise becomes progressively worse. At 47,000 miles, mechanic states that tires are worn unevenly, due to alignment issues.

- Crestwood, IL, USA

Jul 092009

The contact owns a 2008 Mazda3 sedan. He noticed that the tires were wearing faster than normal. The dealer stated that the negative camber caused the tires to wear and that they are aware of the defect; however, they cannot correct the defect. The manufacturer stated they will not offer any assistance. The current and the failure mileages were 27,514. Updated 09/23/09. Updated 09/23/09

- Marion , OH, USA