4.8

2009 Mazda MAZDA3 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA3:

2009 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Aug 262013

MAZDA3

I have taken my Mazda 3 to be checked out 2 times due to the engine light coming on. Both times I was told it was the gas cap. I am told this has been a recall for other Mazda vehicle but not mine. I have owned my vehicle for 4 years and it has happened 2 times. Can someone please look into this to have this problem corrected.

- Mundelein, IL, USA

Oct 132011

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that spiders were all over the vehicle. The contact did research and found that Mazda recalled the 2009 mazda6 under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V134000 (fuel system: Gasoline: Storage tank assembly) which stated that a certain type of spider could weave a web inside the fuel canister. The contact stated that the same spider was in their vehicle. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the 2009 Mazda was not included in the recall and offered no further assistance. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 30,000.

- Pembrooke Pines, FL, USA