2009 Mazda MAZDA3 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA3:

2009 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jan 202014

Red tail / brake light lenses are melted by bulb.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Oct 172014

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 3. the contact stated that the tail lights melted. The dealer replaced the tail lights; however, the failure persisted. In addition, the brake lights operated at random. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- 808-389-2698, HI, USA

Feb 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Red inner coating on tail lights appears to have melted, making a hole that shows white light through the tail light lens so that when I am braking, it looks like I might have my backup lights on. This problem was first noticed several months ago (mid-2012) by a friend who was following me on a trip at night. At the time, there were small "holes" in the red part of the tail lights. By early this month, when I took the car to a Mazda dealer about this problem, the holes had become quite a bit bigger. They started at about the size of a dime or nickel, last year. Now they are the size of a half dollar, and are a bigger safety hazard. I filed a complaint with Mazda customer service about this. Mazda told me today that the manufacturer cannot help me with this problem. My local Mazda dealership said my car's tail lights had "nonstandard" bulbs in them, and also said that there were cracks in the bulb sockets. If so, then the tail lights came that way from the manufacturer and/or the dealership that sold me the car new. I am the sole owner of the car, and I have never changed any tail light bulbs in it.

- Takoma Park, MD, USA