2010 Mazda MAZDA3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 012015

MAZDA3

The swing arm that attaches the driver's seat to the left-side seat runner unexpectedly detached. Close inspection revealed that this was caused by a weld failure / metal fatigue at the point where the arm was welded to the rod that runs below the cushion. The seat is now unstable and rocks in an alarming way, both when accelerating, decelerating or stationary.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Aug 262016

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the front driver's side seat tilted forward independently and then detached from the track. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 118,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 022016

MAZDA3

The welds on the front seat attachments have snapped off.

- North Charleston, SC, USA

Aug 012016

MAZDA3

My drivers side seat bracket has broken causing the seat to rock slightly. Also, the dashboard appears to be melting with a shiny sticky spot.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Aug 262016

MAZDA3

Copied from an existing complaint because I had the exact same problem: The swing arm that attaches the driver's seat to the left-side seat runner unexpectedly detached. Close inspection revealed that this was caused by a weld failure / metal fatigue at the point where the arm was welded to the rod that runs below the cushion. The seat is now unstable and rocks in an alarming way, both when accelerating and decelerating. The failure occurred with a popping noise as I prepared to pull away from a parking spot.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Aug 062016

MAZDA3

The swing arm that attaches the driver's seat to the left-side seat runner unexpectedly detached. Close inspection revealed that this was caused by a weld failure / metal fatigue at the point where the arm was welded to the rod that runs below the cushion. The seat is now unstable and rocks in an alarming way, both when accelerating and decelerating. The failure occurred with a popping noise as I prepared to pull away from a parking spot. I purchased the car new and have treated it gently. I am a skinny guy and have at no time been rough on the seat. I am surprised that there is no recall on this failure as it is clearly a safety issue.

- Durham, NC, USA

Aug 052016

MAZDA3

Frame bracket broke while driving in town on the front driver seat causing the seat to rock completely back

- Ava, MO, USA

Mar 012016

MAZDA3

Part of the metal mounting that holds the driver's seat front left side in place broke, and now the seat rocks. This happened while the vehicle was stationary. The seat is now secured at three points rather than 4, and I'm concerned about the strength of the other front mounting point. Seems like a significant safety complaint, and a quick check online indicates that this is a widespread, known issue with the 2010 Mazda 3.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Apr 062016

MAZDA3

Driver seat flips backwards - cannot drive the vehicle.

- Derwood, MD, USA

Apr 112016

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The driver seat of my car unexpectedly detached from seat mount during normal use, the driver seat fell backward on to the back seat, leaving my car non-functional. For safety reasons, I had my car towed to the dealership, a distance of approximately 25 miles. I was pleased that the service rep made an effort to check to see if there were other similar repairs reported. He told me that there were none found. However, later I found out that there were forty-nine other consumer complaints made to your office, NHTSA, regarding the driver seat in this same make, model and year Mazda. I hope that the Office Of Defects Investigation (ODI) considers opening an investigation to remedy the defect in this group of vehicle, and, the unreasonable safety risk it has on public safety.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Mar 182016

MAZDA3

Drivers seat broke loose. Was at a stop light. When I started my left turn the seat suddenly rocked back and then slammed forward. I almost lost control as my foot had come off the gas pedal during the rock back and then stepped back on it as I was thrown forward forward. The car has always had a clicking noise coming from the drivers side seat.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Dec 302015

MAZDA3

Steering wheel locking up while driving, unable to turn the car

- Manchester, NH, USA

Feb 172016

MAZDA3

I was driving with friends in the car on the highway to get some dinner. 70 is our speed limit. All of sudden I heard a snap under me and my body shifted. I sit pretty up right so I felt moving back at least two inches and my hand shift position as well which almost cause a accident. I call the dealer today, "you're not under warranty, sorry" really" I almost die in a car you guys sell me and I get a sorry" it was either get it fix or play when the other side of the seat bracket is going to snap.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Jan 102016

MAZDA3

The driver's seat breaks away from the floor of the vehicle when sitting in the seat causing the driver to have to lean forward or else the seat rocks way back causing the driver to hold themselves upright. During a fast acceleration or quick stop the chair exhibits characteristics that can only be called unsafe and unsettling to the driver. I can only imagine how the seat will hold up in the event of a collision or accident. The vehicle was parked when this was first noticed.

- Hugo, MN, USA

Dec 292015

MAZDA3

I noticed that my seat was rocking on the left side and would lift up. When I got down on the floor board to see what was going on I noticed that one of the front welds was completely broke off and laying on the floor board. While taking my daughter to daycare this morning, I went to accelerate and the other side of my seat broke and my entire seat went back, almost causing me to get into an auto accident when I lost control of the car. Not only was my and my 3 yr old daughters safety at risk, but I now have lost a day of work until this can be fixed. As if this was not enough, I spoke with Mazda Corp. (1-800-222-5500) about 3 weeks ago B/C my dashboard is totally melted. The representative was very nice and Mazda is going to replace my dashboard after years of the run around at the dealership. The bigger issue: How is it that Mazda is involved in a class action law suit for their dash boards melting, and they have plenty of complaints filed in the NHTSA website for faulty seat welds, and there is no recall on either of these things"??????????????? why??????????? do lives have to be lost for the government to do a recall???"

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 212015

MAZDA3

Seat welds broke while driving. Driver seat is now no longer attached to the car.

- West Deptford, NJ, USA

Aug 202015

MAZDA3

The weld on the bottom of the driver's seat, which attaches the seat to the sliding rails, has broken. This happened when I was accelerating as the traffic light turned green. The seat is now very loose and is rocking back and forth. I have to hold on the steering wheel while accelerating or braking to keep from tipping over. This is an obvious safety issue. After doing a little research on the internet, it's obvious that this is a common problem with the 2010 Mazda3. Yet Mazda refuses to acknowledge the problem and do something about it. I went to the Mazda dealer and was quoted $582 dollars just for the parts on the bottom of the seat, which needed to be replaced. This does not include the labor cost. I also went to the Mazda website and filed a complaint. Three weeks have passed and no one from Mazda has contacted me. All I received was an automated email saying "due to the unusually large number of emails received our response time may be delayed". I don't think Mazda will ever respond.

- Winnetka, CA, USA

Jul 262015

MAZDA3

A couple months ago I heard a click while driving my car and after hearing that click I noticed that my drivers car seat titled a little. Yesterday after loading my car I heard another click and now both front welds attaching my drivers seat to the floor board have broken off leaving my drivers car seat completely unattached at the front. My car is now extremely unsafe and basically a rocking chair. After calling both the dealership I purchased my car from and the Mazda dealership they both turned me away telling me it wasn't something that they would look at. This is an extreme danger and after doing my research on the internet it seems to be a very common problem with these cars. This needs to be recalled.

- Jackson, MO, USA

Jul 012015

MAZDA3

I was sitting down in the car (driver's seat) and adjusted my position slightly and heard a loud pop and the seatback moved backwards away from the steering wheel. The seat itself had noticeable freedom to move up and down at the left corner. Upon examination, the bracket that is welded to the support brace on the forward left side of the seat had failed at the weld locations (2). This bracket is pinned to the rail and keeps the seat bottom attached to the track. Mazda must recal these seats. They do have a fix to repair without seat replacement. Mazda is aware of the problem. But is charging for the fix. Recall time.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Jun 232015

MAZDA3

Driver side seat separated from front seat slide adjuster. Driver seat "rocked" back and now the car is extremely dangerous to operate. The entire seat flips backwards upon acceleration.

- Marietta, GA, USA