2010 Mazda MAZDA3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jul 012014

The dashboard within my vechile is metling. It is a gooey, sticky area all the way across the dashboard. It creates a reflective glare that interferes with my driving.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 232014

Dashboard "melted". it's shiny ( bad glare) and very sticky as though the glue has risen up through it.

- Aventura, FL, USA

Oct 272014

The dashboard on this vehicle is melting. I purchased it used in April and noticed about 1 month later that the dash was sticky. Over the last few months, it has gotten progressively worse on the driver's side to the point that the glare causes visibility issues for the driver.

- Denton, TX, USA

Oct 202014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard in the car is melting - to the point that the glare is affecting the view.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Bought this car used in June 2013, and noticed in November of 2013 it started to become sticky on the dashboard as if it is melting.. didnt really become an issue until it began to glare into my windshield causing me to be unable to see. I cannot clean, or touch any part of the dashboard because it is so melted and sticky it sticks to my hands if I do. It is in my direct view of where I should be looking towards the road. Huge issue that needs to be addressed.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 142014

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda 3. the contact stated that the dashboard bega deteriorating. The contact noticed that there was a sticky substance accumulating as the failure was became progressively worse. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Pflugerviile, TX, USA

Oct 102014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2010 Mazda 3 has began melting. The dashboard has become sticky and shiny. Sometimes the shininess is so reflective that it makes it difficult for me to see when I am driving on a sunny day. There are chunks of the dash that come off like chewing gum. The dash gets on everything like sticky black tar. I can only imagine that there are dangerous toxins being released into the air to breathe while driving knowing that this synthetic material has now broken down and begun to deteriorate. The car is only four years old and well cared for. Who is to blame for my loss of value from a poorly made product.

- Kailua , HI, USA

Oct 102014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dash of my Mazda 3 2010 is literally melting. This cause a glare when driving that can't be avoided. This makes driving very dangerous in sunny conditions.

- Kingstree, SC, USA

Jan 102014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard on my 2010 Mazda 3 began melting at the beginning of the year. Over time, more of the dashboard has become sticky and shiny. Sometimes the shininess is so reflective that it makes it difficult for me to see when I am driving on a sunny day. The vehicle resides in Hawaii and is kept in a garage when not in use.

- Kailua-Kona, HI, USA

Oct 082014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting with the consistency of peanut butter. I have brought the car to Mazda and they will not stand behind their car.

- Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Jun 022014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting, creating a shiny surface that creates a severe glare and inhibits vision. This is more than just a cosmetic issue. Mazda refused to fix the problem for my 2010 Mazda3 with only 47000 miles on it.

- Plano, TX, USA

Oct 042014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Mazda 3 2010 dash is melting. I have been noticing a glare over the last few months from the dash to the windshield that in sunny conditions was making it difficult to see through the glare. I thought it was potentially some adhesive leaking out of the seam of the dash. It was getting worse over time so this weekend I attempted to clean off the substance. I found that it was not a substance but the dash had become soft and sticky. It was not able to be cleaned off. I have used a sunshade since I owned the car (Oct 2009). I have lived in South Florida since 1985 and have owned multiple cars. I learned the hard way that you must shade your dash to prevent it from being damaged. However, over the last 30 years, no dash has melted and caused a dangerous glare that is a safety hazard.

- Margate, FL, USA

Jun 092014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard on my Mazda 3 seems to be melting in hot weather. When the sun shines directly on the dash, it causes a horrible glare on the windshield making it very difficult to see what is directly in front of me. It is the worst in afternoon sunny weather.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Jan 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting. The glare gets so bad I can't see out of the windshield.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Oct 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard is "melting". the polymers are breaking down, it is sticky, and causing a glare on the road/when driving which is dangerous.

- Hudson, FL, USA

Feb 112014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Interior dashboard melting causing blinding glare and stickiness to anything placed on top of it.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jul 172014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard on the driver side began to melt, and continued to do so. The dashboard is sticky and collects dust and grim. The melted material has a glossy shine reflecting a bright glare into the drivers eyes and onto the windshield. It causes a driving hazard when operating the vehicle.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 092014

I have a dash that is melting. It is over the instrument cluster and is turning to a tarry like substance. I does have a lot of reflection and could cause some vision impairment from the glare it produces. I think it is a design flaw. The above incident date is when I noticed the dash.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Aug 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My daughter's 2010 Mazda3 has a dashboard that is melting. She says the glare from it when driving is very bad. This is a major safety issue and from what I am seeing regarding complaints, there are many complaints regarding this. Why has this not been addressed as a recall" it is obviously a manufacturer defect"

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Sep 012013

My dashboard began to melt, and has continued to do so since. The dashboard is sticky and collections dust and grim. The melted material has a glossy shine which reflects a bright glare into the drivers eyes and onto the windshield. It is cosmetically unattractive and causes a driving hazard when operating the vehicle.

- Slidell, LA, USA