2010 Mazda MAZDA3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Aug 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

For about a year now I have been noticing that my dashboard has been melting. It has gotten successively worse to the point now that the melting dashboard is reflecting on the windshield. The reflection has gotten so bad during the day when the sun is out that the visibility is greatly impaired. My son was driving the car the other day and he told me he could not see out because of the glare. That is the point where I decided to contact the manufacturer. It seems that they will pay for the part but they are asking me to pay $170 for the labor. This is happening through no fault of my own. It is a safety risk for whoever is driving the car and should therefore be covered completely by the manufacturer before there is lives lost through this.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 142013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting, sticky and cracking. While driving during the day when the sun is out, it creates a glare right at eye level causing unsafe visibility issues. It is also a sticky mess, which causes dust, dead bugs and hair to stick to my dashboard.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Feb 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I'm writing this complaint to officially detail, in writing, that Mazda has refused to acknowledge the fact that the dashboard on my 2010 Mazda3 has melted! I brought this issue to their attention this past April, 2014, when I had my car at my local shop for other repair issues. My advisor called later that afternoon to say that his manager stated that because my car was "out of warranty", it was my responsibility to replace the dashboard at a cost of approximately $1000 out of pocket! they were not accommodating at all. This is completely ludicrous! cars should not melt! my dashboard is totally ruined! I can never again even wipe it off as it has literally turned into the consistency of flypaper! the melted, sticky, mess gets on/ruins everything it touches! and, this isn't even the worst part! the glare that radiates off of my windshield at certain times of the day is horrific! driving is a total safety hazard!! I am afraid to drive my car! it's so dangerous! I have pictures I can send if you would like to see them! I find this to be completely unacceptable! warranty or not, this is a blatant defect in the manufacturing of this car! my local news channel has done an investigation on this issue and the last I heard, lawyers are getting involved and they had mentioned a class action lawsuit against Mazda, Lexus, and Nissan. Something needs to be done. This is not a rare incident! this is a huge, prevalent problem! not to mention, the value of my car is now in the toilet! if I went to trade it in or sell it, even though it only has 59,000 miles, I would take a huge hit on what I would get for it! this is a defect! Mazda needs to be held accountable and they need to be forced to replace all of these defects (using new, updated dashboard material so it doesn't happen again), at no cost to the consumer, before someone gets killed because of the glare issue caused by this!

- Palm Springs, FL, USA

May 012012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dash board is melting. When driving it causes a glare on windshield which is dangerous when driving!

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jul 122012

MAZDA3

Dashboard getting very soft in the sun. Always remains sticky and continues to leave residue on the windshield causing glare.

- Largo, FL, USA

Aug 012013

MAZDA3

Vehicle was purchased new. The dashboard is melting. It is sticky to the touch and shiny. The shiny areas reflect sunlight and cause difficulty seeing out of the windshield. This should be replaced by the manufacturer as it is an obvious material defect!

- Key West, FL, USA

Jun 042012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard melted due to sun exposure - dashboard had to replaced due to glare on windshield.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 272012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

2010 Mazda 3 dash panel/dashboard (P/N: bbm460400H02) is melting. The dash panel soft-touch coating material first turned sticky and eventually disintegrated into a viscous substance. Surface finish turned from matte to high gloss. The now reflective dash surface causes a large glare on the windshield and obstructs driver's visibility.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

Apr 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

This car Mazda 3 I purchased in 2011 as a 2010 leftover new, and the dash board is melting creating everything to stick to it, and also obstructing my view through the windshield on sunny days due to the nature of how shiny it is. It looks like a wet down dash but the reflection is creating very difficult viewing problems on sunny days, due to the glare on the windshield from it. It is very dangerous. I would appreciate this being looked into.

- Wimauma, FL, USA

Jun 302014

MAZDA3

The dashboard on my 2010 Mazda3 hatchback is melting and sticky. While driving towards the sun, the glare from the shiny sticky area reflects onto the windshield and makes it very difficult to see out. In fact, I didn't even notice the sticky melting dash at first, what I noticed first was the fact that I was having difficulty seeing out of the windshield. I take very good care of my car. I have not used a bunch of cleaners on the dash in the past. I do use a sun shade in the windshield when parked.

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Mar 032014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard in my Mazda 3 is "melting". the dashboard is sticky, tacky to the touch and deforming. The car is 4.5 years old and the dealership will not cover the issue under the extended warranty, my factory warranty expired last year. This is clearly a manufacturing defect.the dashboard has become shiny in the affected area due to the "melting" and is reflecting the sunlight into my eyes during driving in sunny weather and is becoming a safety issue.

- Cooper City , FL, USA

Jun 072013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Top front dashboard is melting. The material is now sticky and can't be cleaned because the rag/towel sticks. When touched black residue sticks to your hands and when driving the sun reflects off the shiny stickiness and causes a driving hazard on the windshield.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Jun 022014

MAZDA3

The dashboard of my 2010 Mazda3 is melting. I noticed this about a month ago, but whether it started before that I'm not sure. Now there is a glossy sheen to the dashboard that impairs my vision when driving in the morning or the evening, when the sun is rising or setting. It creates a glare on the glass.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Mar 032014

MAZDA3

I own a 2010 Mazda 3. within the last year, the dash has started to melt. I've contacted Mazda and because it's out of warranty, they were unable to help in anyway. The car is only 4 years old!

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

May 162014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard on my car has begun to melt, creating a very shiny slick which (when driving at the proper angle) causes the sun to reflect into my eyes. While I have had the car for about 5 years, it has only begun to melt this summer.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 042013

MAZDA3

I have had my vehicle for almost 4 yrs.the dashboard started to melt in 2013. It creates a shiny reflection on the front glass which becomes very irritating unable to see clearly.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard on my Mazda 3, 2010 is melting. It is soft and sticky.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Dec 172012

MAZDA3

The dashboard seems to be melting by the front windshield. This is producing a glare on the windshield which is seen while driving.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jul 152014

MAZDA3

The dash cover in the car is melting and the glare from the melted dash is causing problems with visibility.

- West Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 022014

MAZDA3

Dashboard of my Mazda 3 2010 is sticky and melting causing a glare on my windshield. This is very unsafe as I drive during high traffic times.

- San Antonio, TX, USA