3.1

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 062014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting!! it appears that it is deteriorating causing visibility issues. It is becoming sticky and apparently is a manufacturer defect. As the sun glares down on the windshield, the suns' rays bounce off the shiny dashboard causing me to lose vision in traffic. The Mazda dealer is not wanting to replace it stating it is out of warranty. They want me to pay over $400 for the labor and 50% of the part. I even called the Mazda hq and they refuse to cover the damage, stating they could do nothing better than the offer the dealership gave me. I requested to speak to higher up management at corporate but was told by the representative that nobody could assist me further. This is so absurd!!! please help before I have an accident.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 132014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda. The contact stated that the dashboard in the vehicle was melting. The contact mentioned the melted dashboard reflects onto the windshield and caused a glare that would affect the contacts visibility. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure was mileage was 38,000. Updated 10/09/14

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Aug 122014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting in the Florida heat. Not much else to explain but that when it's left in the sun it melts..

- Mt Dora, FL, USA

Jul 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting. The reflection from the melting, shiny, dashboard can make driving difficult at times because the reflections from the dashboard onto the front windshield can negatively affect visibility.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Jan 062014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

In last 6 months my dashboard is melting! I have noticed it was getting shiny and sticky as if someone had poured glue on it. I have tried to use numerous different cleaners and nothing happens. The surface is so shiny it is causing glare when I drive or mt teenagers drive the car. This is unsafe. Now I am researching and find numerous complaints about same issue. Is this also affecting my airbag?

- Tampa, FL, USA

Mar 202012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Approximately 2 years ago I noticed my dash board was wet looking and sticky. It has progressively gotten worse. My dash board is melting. This is a huge saftey hazzard as the glare from the melting dash affects my vision when driving during the daylight.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Oct 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The whole dashboard is melting.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 192012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Hi, this morning I was driving on my way to work when all of a sudden my entire sunroof exploded and shattered. There was nothing that hit my car, nor nothing that hit my sunroof. I was traveling at 65mph on I-25 in albuquerque, nm. Neither the sunroof nor the car have been changed in anyway from their stock form. The explosion of the sunroof was very scary and almost cause me to crash.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Feb 082012

MAZDA3

The driver side interior door latch cable broke. This is the second time this has happened with the new Mazda 3.

- Lyndhurst, NJ, USA

Jul 152009

MAZDA3

(2010 Mazda3 5-dr with sunroof) when sunroof is fully opened and driving around 35 miles/hr, complete roof starts to vibrate producing loud noise. I took the car to a car dealer and technician noticed the problem as well. I was told that the car is new design and that Mazda engineering received a complain. No action taken but advised to purchase a wind deflector. The vibration happens every time I open the sunroof.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA