2010 Mazda MAZDA3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Oct 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard has become very sticky and shiny. It reflects back into my face when driving and is very very dangerous. It has gotten worse in the last few months and appears to continue to be shiny...updated 10/27/15

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA

Jul 012015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting creating horrible glare in line of vision occluding oncoming cars. I have pictures of how terrible the glare of the dashboard reflection is creating while driving. I feel like this is a safety hazard and someone will fail to see an oncoming car or child crossing the street due to this defect.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jul 012014

Dashboard is melting creating horrible glare in line of vision occluding oncoming cars. Spoke to Mazda hq with no help simply stating that they had heard of this happening to other cars of the same make and year but since it isn't causing a "safety hazard" they will not cover it under warranty or recall it. I have pictures of how terrible the glare of the dashboard reflection is creating while driving. I feel like this is a safety hazard and someone will fail to see an oncoming car or child crossing the street due to this defect. Feel free to contact me. Thank you for your consideration!

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jan 142015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard on my Mazda 3 2010 has become sticky and reflective causing sunlight to reflect off dash and could make driving hazardous.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 102015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Mazda3 I-sport model. After coming back from a two week vacation, I found my dashboard to become sticky and, while under direct sunlight, will emit a glare onto the windshield that greatly reduces visibility. It appears as if it is melting. The problem is most apparent close to the windshield, but has spread a great deal across the dashboard on the driver side. It cannot be cleaned.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Nov 032011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I've called Mazda several times about my dashboard melting and the don't wanna do anything about it and as time goes by it gets worse ur finger prints stay in dashboard when touch.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Apr 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Sticky substance on the dashboard has affected my vision while I drive due to a heated car and excessive sun glare. I purchased a sun visor which is now melting onto my dashboard. At the slightest touch a sticky, gooey, tar substance that becomes hot rubs off onto my hand.when driving, the melting substance reflects off the glass and makes it hard for me to see while driving. In summary, my dashboard is melting..

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 012014

I own a 2010 Mazda 3 I-touring and I began to notice around the summer of 2014 that the top of my dashboard on the driver side started to melt. Since it first started it has greatly expanded in size- it's beginning to cross over to the passenger side. It's also leaving a sticky residue on the dash that hinders my ability to clean it nor can I put up any sun visors to protect the rest of the interior because the visors will stick to the dash. If I'm driving in direct sunlight the dashboard emits a horrify glare on the windshield that has me worried that, as time goes on, driving will become unsafe.

- Greenacres, FL, USA

Apr 212014

My melting dashboard is getting progressively worse. I purchased my Mazda used in April 2014 and didn't notice the dashboard issue (at the time I test drove it was dusk). Over the past year, it has gotten so bad it cannot be cleaned or even touched. I park my Mazda in the garage or in the shade/use sunshades at work. In the mornings or afternoons when driving on the busy highway, the glare is so bad I sometimes have to lift myself out of the seat in order to see through a patch of window that doesn't have the glare. This is absolutely ridiculous and the fact that Mazda is allowing this to go on in light of the huge safety issue is abhorrent, not to mention all the consumer complaints. Get with the program Mazda before some gets seriously injured or killed!

- Denton, TX, USA

Feb 052014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

More than a year ago, I started to notice that my dashboard started to melt. The toxic fumes started affecting my allergies and now I'm suffering from severe sinusitis.

- Hallandale, FL, USA

May 012013

MAZDA3 6-cyl

Dashboard began getting sticky, and now it is a gooey shiny mess. There is a reflection in my windshield, and it causes a glare that decreases the visibility. The dashboard is also soft where it has not gotten so bad. I know that there are other owners with the same issue. There needs to be a recall or some other form of remedy.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Mar 102015

Dashboard melting causing intense glare on windshield making it hard to see drivers in front of me and traffic lights as well.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 112012

During the summer my dashboard became sticky and shiny due to the heat in Florida. If touched the plastic from the dashboard will stick to skin, fabric, and even the window cover. Even during the cooler months the dashboard never returns to its original texture. Again using a window cover doesn't keep the dashboard from melting since the car continue to heat up. This causes a serious glare during the middle of the day and makes the dashboard more susceptible to damage or staining other parts of my car.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 192015

Dashboard has been melting for sometime. Causes bad glare on windshield.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Jun 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I bought my 2010 Mazda 3 brand new. Now that I have paid it off, I've noticed the dashboard starting to melt right above the steering wheel. This started over the summer and has become worse spreading over a rather large portion of my dash. And while this may look like an undesirable black tar mess, it's actually a very large safety issue as it's impeding upon my visibility. The glare on a bright sunny day has been so bad that I've had to put my head out the window in order to see. I could drive perhaps another way, or wait until there is no sun, but that is not how my life works. I don't understand why there is not a recall about this safety issue.

- Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Jun 012014

There is an area of approximately 6" wide of dashboard that is melting directly above the steering wheel. When driving, the sun shines directly on the melted parts and causes a glare which prevents me from seeing the road clearly.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 122015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My dashboard is getting sticky and its starting to, what they call, "melting". as the sun shines on this sticky area, the glare is getting worse by the day. I saw online that there is a class action suit against Toyota and Mazda for this same exact reason.

- Wilton Manors, FL, USA

May 262014

As an owner of a 2010 Mazda 3 over the past year I have been noticing a sticky film on my dashboard. It has become increasingly worse and I realized my dashboard is melting!! it causing a blindspot due to the reflection of the sun. I have not suffered any damage yet but clearly this is faulty on behalf of Mazda and they should replace the dashboard as it is a safety hazard.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Feb 022015

The dash has become a highly reflective mess. The dash seems to be melting as it is sticky to the touch and has developed a high shine which is highly reflective in the windshield. Anything affecting the ability to see out the windshield has to be a safety issue. This seems to be a known issue of the manufacturer, dealers, and people filing class action law suits but no movement from NHTSA.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Feb 012015

The top of the dashboard is melting and continues to grow in size. It is turning into a tar-like substance that comes off to the touch and is quite sticky. The glare that it produces is becoming a safety concern. Just today I almost rear-ended a vehicle that I could not see when it stopped.

- Cape Coral , FL, USA