2010 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Dec 022013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

2010 Mazda 3. consumer writes in regards to vehicle tires, softness of the brake and resurfacing rotors. The consumer stated a visual inspection revealed the transmission fluid needed to be replaced, the tires were wearing unevenly, and the vehicle pulled to the left. Also, the battery was replaced.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Dec 242011

MAZDA3

At less than 24,000 miles, my clutch has begun to slip terribly and creates a terrible burning smell. I know there are hundreds of other Mazda owners who have also had to replace their clutches before they've had to replace brake pads. This is a drain on consumers, and a safety issue to boot.

- South River, NJ, USA

Jun 102011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While I was making a exit from the freeway onto a local road, I lost control of the steering wheel while slowly braking. Afterwards my car spun out of control and I was in a head on collision with the guard rail for the highway ramp. This happened with my car logging close to 21500 miles. Inspection at the body shop determined that issues between the brake pads and steering wheel led to the steering wheel stopping. Fixing this problem involves replacing brake and possibly steering components according to the body shop.

- Troy, MI, USA

Dec 152010

MAZDA3

I lifted the emergency brake lever to engage the emergency brake and notice that the lever came up the whole way with very little resistance. I had no idea why this was happening. A few days later I realized that after the same issue had occurred there was white smoke coming out of the rear-left wheel brake pad. I took my car to a Mazda dealer to have it serviced (since it's barely one year old), and they could not find any problems the first time around. I have done a little bit of searching on the internet and this is not the first time this same issue has happened. I would love to get some feedback from Mazda since I almost got into a bad accident yesterday (Dec 15) in atlanta due to icy roads and a faulty rear-left brake on a brand new car.

- Atlanta, GA, USA