2.6

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jan 062011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I am the original owner of this vehicle, purchased brand new. In January 2012 the heater when turning on made a loud clicking sound for approx. 20 to 30 seconds, each time. Upon research on the internet, local mechanics, I found out the heater blend door actuator is the problem. I was going to replace it, but upon further investigation I found that this heater assembly is not only used by Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, Ford, and Lexus. This heater is known to have this design error. I then decided to have the Mazda dealer change it for $130. The dealer then told me the whole assembly needed changing for $250 plus labor. This assembly was known for this. Also the dealer had unplugged the heater blend door actuator because this unit is known to start a fire in the vehicle. This made me extremely nervous. I consider this to be an unsafe vehicle.

- New Milford, PA, USA