2010 Mazda MAZDA3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Jun 012013

The dashboard on my 2010 Mazda 3 started melting about two years ago becoming more sticky and reflective over time to point where it has a plastic, chemical smell emitting from it. Moreover, it has become almost impossible to see out of the driver side window due to the severe reflection. This has progressively worsened over the past year. I am in disbelief that the manufacturer would use material for a dashboard that melts and emits chemicals. Clearly, Mazda chose to use inferior materials for the dashboard. Considering the plethora of complaints and statements regarding the safety issue of limited visibility due to reflection, it is vastly irresponsible that Mazda has not issued a recall to correct this problem. Vehicle owners should not be left to seeking class action law suits to make Mazda correct their mistake.

- Lighthouse Point, FL, USA

Jun 062015

My dashboard is melting. When I rub my finger on it black residue easily comes off. If you press down with your finger it is very easy to take chunks off with your nail. The gooey dashboard is shiny which emits a reflection on the windshield which then in turn impairs my vision. This can be very dangerous as one drives. When one goes into the car it emits an odor similar to a plastic fork that has been left in a dishwasher. Inhaling toxins is not something I want as part of my daily life.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 012014

The plastic dashboard panel has melted and now has a sticky texture. It is also highly reflective, causing dangerous glare on the windshield when driving.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 182012

2010 Mazda 3 dashboard is melting. Condition is more pronounced during hot summer months. As a result of the melting dash, visibility can occasionally become obscured by sunlight glare causing serious safety hazards. Melting dash material is transferred to removable sun screen put in to reflect sunlight out of the vehicle - this melted dash material can then be transferred to the windshield itself which is difficult to clean.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 012015

The dash board is melting which is causing a reflection into the windshield making it difficult to see while driving.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 092015

The dash on my 2010 Mazda 3 has become very "sticky" and shiny from normal exposure to the sun. I am located in palm beach county Florida. Additionally, the dash has started to split on the right side that covers the passenger airbag. I believe thse two issues pose a safety hazard from reduced visibility thru the windshield due to glare and from the chance that the passenger side airbag could deploy unexpectedly/incorrectly or not at all in a crash.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Jul 142015

I bought my car new at the end of 2009 in Texas. Within the last year of ownership, my dashboard has gotten sticky and very shiny. With daytime driving, the sun glares on my dash and prevents me from being able to see directly in front of me. It is an unmanageable condition; it is dangerous to drive with impaired road vision. It is totally unacceptable, and I no longer drive at certain times of the day to avoid being in an accident. I am aware that this is a widespread problem for 2010 Mazda 3 vehicles like mine. Please rectify this obviously dangerous defect with the manufacturer and provide me with a correction. Your timely response would be much appreciated. Thank you......updated 12/03/15

- Houston, TX, USA

May 222014

Dash has become sticky and is melting. It is a safety issue in that it causes an extreme glare on the windshield that obstructs vision.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Jul 072015

Dash has become sticky and appears to be slowly melting to the point it cannot be cleaned. It is a safety issue in that it causes a glare on the windshield that obstructs clear vision to oncoming traffic.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jul 052015

My dashboard is melting and is causing glare on the windshield.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Jul 012014

The dash board is melting and makes a horriable glare and I can not see sometime when the sun hits. Greko Mazda has refused to fix for free. Wants me to pay $250 not my falult that Mazda make a infierer product

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

May 302015

The dashboard is cracking on the passenger side and melting on the drivers side.

- Fort Myers , FL, USA

Jun 032013

The dashboard, particularly the part over the steering wheel is melting. It is sticky and shiny, and it creates a horrible glare on the windshield at certain times of the day.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 012014

Dash has glare from on the top that causes safety issues. Dash has areas that are melting and cause glare from the sun that prevents safe driving. Mazda needs to replace dash just like Toyota is doing on even older cars. Mazda choose inferiors parts and not owners have a safety issue; Mazda step-up and replace the dash on Mazda 3.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 052015

My dashboard is melting. My car isn't even five years old and the dashboard has basically melted to a point where I have to replace it. There are issues all over about this on certain vehicles and as far as I understand Mazda will not place a recall, but says I have to pay $1500 to fix it because the glare of the melting reflects off my windshield when I drive which causes a hazard.

- Ormond Beach, FL, USA

May 132015

My dashboard is melting as it gets hotter here, I have found others with this issue on line and there are class action suits but I really just want mine replaced by Mazda before I ever buy out next one, if they do not fix it we will buy another makers vehicle for our next car. It's really sticky and nasty and will glare in the sunshine.

- Taylor Mill, KY, USA

Dec 012014

The top of the dashboard is melting. The sheen is creating a dangerous reflecting glare off the windshield.

- Tifton, GA, USA

May 152014

I own a 2010 Mazda 3 the dashboard is melting, sticky, and smells, Mazda would not relace it under warranty, I was just outside warranty window, my last Mazda purchase!!!

- Port At Lucie, FL, USA

May 202015

I currently have a 2010 Mazda 3. I have noticed for about the past 2 years that I am getting this sticky residue on my dashboard and now it seems to be getting worse and worse!! it does not look good. This should be considered a recall because had I know the dash would start melting I would have never purchased my vehicle in the first place but of course a dealership will not tell its customers these things because they just want to make there sell. Such a rip off!

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Aug 012014

My 2010 Mazda3 has a black tar-like substance that has coated the soft dashboard. I first noticed it last summer (2014). This defect has caused a huge glare across my windshield that limits my visibility any time light is reflected off of it.

- Tampa, FL, USA