5.3

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Dec 062012

MAZDA3 4-cyl

New car, Mazda M3, purchased in April 2010. Yokohama tires were on the car. Car currently has approximately 18,000 miles and tires have been rotated. Last night while traveling approximately 40mph, the rear passenger tire went flat. Upon removing the tire to fix the flat, the sidewall had split from the tread. This happened on the inside of the tire meaning the side of the tire against the car so it was not visible from just looking at the outside of the tire. The split is 15 inches in length and I can see that there are other areas that look like they are about to split as well. I found NHTSA campaign id number: 12T025000 talking about recall of a yokohama tire that seems to match what I have had. I have contacted my car dealer as the recall says the dealer will replace free of charge, but they aren't aware of any recall. I've been on hold for yokohama for 30+ minutes with no luck in speaking to a live person. I can't afford not to have a car and based on all I've read about these tires, I can't afford to have my children ride on tires that perform like this. I can't afford to wait on a process to determine if yokohama will make good on their warranty claims. I have to purchase new tires and will be purchasing 4 new tires and not yokohama.

- The Woodlands, TX, USA