2.9

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Feb 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Tire pressure warning light came on, so I checked the pressure of each tire. One was low, so I asked my mechanic to fix it. He found the leak was a cracked valve stem assembly, allowing air to escape along the valve stem. Fortunately it didn't damage the new tire, but still cost $150 to fix and I found this to be a common complaint for the Mazda3. For me, the safety issue is having this problem happen when my wife is driving this car on a trip, sees the warning light come on, and has to find help to fix it or to change the tire for the spare, or the leak becomes fast enough to give her a flat tire.

- Fogelsville, PA, USA

Jan 102013

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated while driving various speeds the tire pressure warning light illuminated. After checking his vehicle the following morning, the driver's side nut that holds the valve stem had fractured. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure and current mileages was approximately 40,861.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Dec 232012

MAZDA3

Spontaneous failure of tire valve stem resulting in the near instantaneous decompression of the rear driver's side tire. At the time I was attempting to check the tire pressure of that wheel. The stem separated into two pieces without any prior indication of wear.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Dec 092011

MAZDA3

The valve stem of my tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) had significant corrosion leading to immediate and rapid deflation of front left tire while removing air hose while tending to TPMS warning light. The rapid deflation was due to complete and immediate severance where the threaded portion of valve stem met valve cap without any torque or abnormal pressure applied. The severed edge of the valve stem shows clear evidence of corrosion 360 degrees and inward, with a thin halo (appx. 1/10 of the wall) remaining. Both the tire and valve stem showed no sign of leaking and held proper pressure while filling to recommended pressure until removal of air hose caused the stem to split horizontally between the 9th and 10th thread. Plastic valve caps were in place on all 4 tires. Spare tire also not able to be put in place due to 'stuck' lug nuts on same tire; similar corrosion is suspect, possibly caused by galvanic corrosion due to metals found in disk brakes, shoes or alloy rim. Vehicle is still under warranty and needed tow to nearest Mazda dealership for repair. When calling the service department about sending my vehicle over I addressed my concerns about the other 3 valve stems needing replacement and was told "they are $150 each so if you want to pay to have the other ones replaced you can, but the dealership isn't going to pay for it" my response: "really" I'm thankful this didn't happen on the highway, I would hope the safety of your customers would come first"..no im sorry, no we'll look into it for you, just "well can I give you the number for roadside assistance""

- Gloucester, MA, USA

Jun 132011

MAZDA3

There has not been a failure to date, however, adding my vehicle to the other Mazda3's in the data base where the design of the vehicle is creating uneven tire wear. As I have read in no less than 5 blogs, the manufacturer intentionally cambers the rear tires to increase the performance and handling and upon normal rotation of the tires, a "bumping" noise can be heard and felt. The tire manufacturer will do nothing and states is a design issue and Mazda states I must deal with the tire manufacturer. This uneven tire wear and vibration could lead to additional tire wear as noted by other owners. At 11,000 miles, I should not be faced with replacing the tires.

- Durham, NC, USA