4.1

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA3:

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Aug 292014

MAZDA3

Purchased this vehicle on Aug 27th 2014 as a used vehicle and did the initial test drive during the day. A few days later while driving at night I decelerated while on the highway (speed is 55mph) to come to a complete stop at a 4 way intersection. The moment brakes are applied the front headlights flicker and continue to do so until fully stopped. I've tested this at multiple speeds and road types and it happens each time. We live in a heavily populated area with plenty of children as well as wild life and this decreases my chances of seeing them if they run out (even while braking, say if I was doing so slowly a child run out I can E-brake or apply more pressure to brakes to stop quicker...can't do that if I don't see them in time). It also is extremely distracting and annoying. I'm sure other drivers don't appreciate it when it's in their rear view mirrors nor when they are driving towards me on the opposite side of the road. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over and ticketed for "illegal modification to headlights" etc. I'm not seeing a recall on this, however there is service bulletins for this exact problem. Why hasn't the PCM or the alternator been recalled? this problem among others I've dealt with since purchasing this vehicle and the fact that problems are being fixed by the manufacture make it to where I'll never purchase another Mazda in the future.

- Fort Campbell, KY, USA

Jul 152012

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2012 Mazda3. The contact stated that it was difficult to start the vehicle. After the vehicle was started and while driving 15 mph, the power steering, traction control, and anti-lock brakes failed. Moments later, the accelerator pedal became unresponsive. The contact stated that the failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis on multiple occasions and the battery was replaced several times but the failure could not be located. The failures recurred. The vehicle was awaiting additional diagnostics. The manufacturer had not been notified. The failure mileage was 16,000 and current mileage was 20,000.

- Edgewater, FL, USA