2012 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA3:

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Oct 282013

Vehicle was traveling on highway going 45mph when automatic transmission downshifted suddenly to first gear and would not upshift. Attempted to manually shift gears and gear display that shows the gear number was blank. Traction control light went on, no engine codes were triggered. Car operated normally upon restart.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Oct 072012

I was driving on the freeway when suddenly the traction control indicator lit up on my dashboard. When I exited the freeway and attempted to make a left turn, my car suddenly lost power. It was as if my car was in neutral. I looked at the gear shift to ensure it was still in drive, and it was. Somehow I made it through the turn and into a nearby parking lot. I turned the car off, waited a few minutes, and then was able to leave. It was scary and upsetting as my car is only 4 months old. The dealer said they won't be able to determine what happened since the indicator is no longer illuminated. I asked if there was any way at all to do a diagnostic test and they said no. I am having a hard time believing this. I'm just glad I wasn't rear ended with my grand baby in the back seat.

- Villa Park, CA, USA